Ohio-Toledo
Options

Band instead of DJ?

Hi! Is anyone having a band instead of a DJ at their reception?  My finace and I are hoping to have live music, but aren't finding too many options in the area. We've seen a couple, but were wondering about others.  Also curious about pricing. Thanks for any help!

Re: Band instead of DJ?

• Options
    We did both and had a blast. We thought about doing just a band but then we needed someone to still make announcements and at dinner music and music between the bands sets. Have you found a band or do you need suggestions?
  • Options
    That would be pretty neat to have both of them! We're still looking for suggestions.  From what we have seen Skoobie Snaks and 56Daze seem to be pretty popular around here, but we're wondering if there may be other options. 
  • Options
    We had Johnny Rocker and the Hitmen and LOVED them.  56Daze is pretty friggen great too.... they played at the wedding I was at Saturday.  They ran things like clockwork and put on a great show.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    Although... my favorite wedding DJ is DJ Nik through ToledoDJs.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    Hello My Name Is is a band based out of Columbus and come up to the area alot. They are soooo much fun and play a huge variety of songs.  I would highly recommend them. 
    They are playing at Bar 145 on November 17th. 
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I am glad to hear we are out there on the minds of upcoming brides and grooms.   As I want to follow the posting rules, I will just say to have Laughytaffy106 give 56DAZE a call to see if we are available for your date.   You may find contact information on the KNOT or by visiting our website.   

Regardless of what you decide to do, keep in mind the music and dancing portion of the evening is the last thing your guests will experience as they leave your event.   If those last hours are amazing due to great live music, your reception will long be remembered!  
    "Changing the world with other people's music!"
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! We'll have to check these bands (and DJ) out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards