Christian Weddings
Options

Quick wedding etiquette question

Hey girls!  I'm in the library at law school studying away, but I have a question about a wedding I'm going to this weekend.  About five weeks ago, I bought the bride and groom a gift (something from their honeymoon registry), and I haven't received a thank you card.  I don't know if it's because they have just been busy with their wedding planning, but isn't there usually a two week rule to send thank you notes?  At what point should I be worried that they didn't receive it?  On the one hand, I don't what them to think I didn't provide a gift, but on the other hand, I don't want to ask too early, "Did you receive the gift?" and they reply, "Yeah, sorry we haven't gotten around to thanking you..."

Otherwise, how are things here?  I'm doing well, just a bit stressed studying constantly and trying to figure out law school.  :-)

Re: Quick wedding etiquette question

• Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't expect a thank you note until after the wedding
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emily Post says 3 months. 

Or it could have gotten lost in the mail.  Half a dozen of our invitations never made it.  Yesterday we had a thank you note returned to us, and we'd mailed it over a month ago.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they would send a thank you note before the wedding...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_quick-wedding-etiquette-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:7be7cb68-028d-4931-a315-9ef4e510cfa4Post:8d2a106c-50fc-4ac4-926b-9c56b37f8aea">Re: Quick wedding etiquette question</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Emily Post says 3 months</strong>.  Or it could have gotten lost in the mail.  Half a dozen of our invitations never made it.  Yesterday we had a thank you note returned to us, and we'd mailed it over a month ago.
    Posted by ochemjenn[/QUOTE]

this
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the thoughts.  I have an email confirmation that the gift went through.  They aren't going on their honeymoon until May 2012, so I don't think they're waiting for that, either.  We'll see...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, 2 weeks would be realllllly hard to do, esp if they are busy with planning. I didn't send any thank you notes for gifts we got before the wedding until after the wedding. 
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Glad you haven't forgotten about us yet.  Smile

I can't remember if we got any gifts prior to the wedding but I probably wouldn't have sent the thank you notes until after the wedding when we sent the rest of them.

Sorry that you are feeling stressed.  It seems like it has been quiet around here lately but maybe that's just my perception.  Anyway, you are missed and hope you are enjoying married life now that you and DH are together!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I'd send all thank you notes after the wedding.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards