Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Has anyone used Daniel Ka Video, and iMike Photography?

I am thinking of going with Daniel Ka Video and iMike photgraphy, but I can't find reviews. Has anyone used them? How were the results? How were they to work with.

Here are the links:
http://danielkavideo.com/
http://www.imikephoto.com/

They are within my budget, and have the package exactly how I want. But I want to make sure they are good before I book for sure. The videos/pictures on their site look good, but I wanted someone else's option.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Has anyone used Daniel Ka Video, and iMike Photography?

• Options
    I only looked at the photographer's website, and while I'm certainly no expert, I can't say I'm a fan.  His pictures are of the caliber of someone just starting out, some were out of focus, and the posing appeared awkward.

If you'll share your budget with us, maybe we can recommend someone.  I think you can do better.
  • Options
    For Video and Photography, I have set aside no more that $2500. Which is not much from what I have seen. And I really want both for almost 10 hours.  
  • Options
    The photos aren't that bad.  They're just unprocessed so they look plain.  If you can take a photography class to learn how to use lightroom, you can edit all of your wedding photos to have the photography filters you want.  Editing is actually easy, just time consuming...like scrapbooking.  People get wedding photos about 1-2 months later because all their images get processed through filters prior to delivery which is part of why photographers charge the amount they do.

I wasn't impressed with the videography though because the cameras were too shaky...you can note your concerns so they can correct it and maybe even improve their techniques.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your comments. I went back and took a look and saw what you were seeing, especially after viewing some other recommended vendors. I think I may need to move some money around in my budget.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_has-anyone-used-daniel-ka-video-and-imike-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:50d7e7eb-6b86-45fa-b948-c67e0400f4e1Post:0120b3f8-84f8-4155-abb2-d92bbae096bc">Re: Has anyone used Daniel Ka Video, and iMike Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all for your comments. I went back and took a look and saw what you were seeing, especially after viewing some other recommended vendors. I think I may need to move some money around in my budget.
    Posted by fergus80[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I think photography is one thing you should definitely splurge on.  There are a lot of budget-friendly photographers who are very talented, but even "budget-friendly" in photography world is a little high compared to other vendors.  They are your <strong>wedding photos</strong>.  You want them to be beautiful and timeless.
    Anniversary

• Options
    My photographer would fall into your price range, Brian Krause with Krauzian Images. I'm not sure if pricing has increased, but the package price with unlimited time when I booked them in October 2010 was $2000. I had a couple discounts (mentioning TK and Military) which knocked off $300.
    Wylie Video is also popular on these boards for videography and is between $600-$900. I considered him a few weeks prior to my wedding but decided against it. Occasionally, I'll wish I had video.
  • Options
    No offense to the PP, but the last thing I want someone to say about my wedding photos is "they aren't that bad."  And require editing that I will have do to myself (after taking a photography class). 

Just spend the money on the front end, you'll be much happier with the results, trust me.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_has-anyone-used-daniel-ka-video-and-imike-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:50d7e7eb-6b86-45fa-b948-c67e0400f4e1Post:8c9068c0-2ed2-4b3f-bf9b-4be1123480e5">Re: Has anyone used Daniel Ka Video, and iMike Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The photos aren't that bad.  They're just unprocessed so they look plain.  If you can take a photography class to learn how to use lightroom, you can edit all of your wedding photos to have the photography filters you want.  Editing is actually easy, just time consuming...like scrapbooking.  People get wedding photos about 1-2 months later because all their images get processed through filters prior to delivery which is part of why photographers charge the amount they do. I wasn't impressed with the videography though because the cameras were too shaky...you can note your concerns so they can correct it and maybe even improve their techniques.
    Posted by suyuri[/QUOTE]

You are so misinformed that you are doing the poster a injustice. To say that you can take a class and edit your own pictures is insane. You obviously are deranged and live in your own world.  Lightroom does a few color corrections but what about cloning out signs, removing blemishes, and full post processing???  There is so much more than "throwing the pictures in LR and editing them"

Also, they are called  "presets" in lightroom and "Actions" in Photoshop. ....Maybe your class didn't teach that.

You get ONE shot to capture a wedding and years after the wedding is over the pictures are what you are left with along with memories. Why skimp or DIY. 
    Gonna get Married!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_has-anyone-used-daniel-ka-video-and-imike-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:50d7e7eb-6b86-45fa-b948-c67e0400f4e1Post:08fbb608-dbbf-4917-b86b-41eafa8c167a">Re: Has anyone used Daniel Ka Video, and iMike Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone used Daniel Ka Video, and iMike Photography? : You are so misinformed that you are doing the poster a injustice. To say that you can take a class and edit your own pictures is insane.<strong> You obviously are deranged and live in your own world. </strong> Lightroom does a few color corrections but what about cloning out signs, removing blemishes, and full post processing???  There is so much more than "throwing the pictures in LR and editing them" Also, they are called  "presets" in lightroom and "Actions" in Photoshop. ....Maybe your class didn't teach that. You get ONE shot to capture a wedding and years after the wedding is over the pictures are what you are left with along with memories. Why skimp or DIY. 
    Posted by KellerRacelle[/QUOTE]

<div>Um, harsh?</div>
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards