Georgia-Savannah
Options

Vendor Reviews

Hello Savannah Brides!
I recently got married in Savannah and I wanted to give you all my reviews as others have helped me out along the way so here it goes:

Venue/Catering: The Marshall House’s 45 Bistro – We had our wedding ceremony and reception at 45 Bistro and everything was fabulous!  The ceremony took place in the Atrium and the reception took place also in the Atrium and the W.W. Law room, with cocktail hour taking place in the lounge.  We originally met with Sandy the owner and he sold us on this location.  He gave us some tips and very reasonably priced meal and open-bar options, as compared to the other locations in the Historic District.  My husband and I had discussed the idea of having an outdoor ceremony but were concerned with the weather, as in Georgia you never know what it is going to be like outside.  The Atrium gave us the feel of being outside but had a glass roof so we did not have to worry about the weather.  The Atrium is actually the original courtyard of the Marshall House.  John Wax and the other staff members were great! Our ceremony was beautiful and began on time; they gave us everything we asked for and more! They even gave me my drink with a straw so I did not smear my lipstick.  Since the Atrium was also used for the ceremony the set up took a little longer than I expected (maybe 5-10 minutes) but it was totally worth it as everything was gorgeous!  All of the tables, centerpieces, front shelf, cake table, gift table and guest sign-in table were all set up correctly.  I had brought a ton of decorations.  I communicated by email mainly with Danny and John who were good about responding usually same day or within 1-2 days.  They were able to answer all of my questions.  Since our wedding was on a Sunday and our bakery was closed they delivered the cake and cupcakes on Saturday and the 45 Bistro was able to store them overnight for us.  We could not have asked for a better venue than 45 Bistro.  The food was great! My husband and I barely ate because of nerves but what we did eat was awesome.  Many of our guests raved about the food.  After we booked with them they allowed us to taste the food beforehand and it was still just as delicious.  When the wedding was over and we made it back to our room they had put some turkey and beef sandwiches and a cheese and cracker plate with some salad in our room, so sweet.  This was perfect because by that time we were starving!  It was sooo good!  They were able to give us everything we ask for and so much more!  We definitely recommend them!

Side note: we stayed at the Marshall House and they were also amazing! Our stay was delightful! We changed rooms during our stay and they took care of everything.  I am planning on doing a scrapbook for our wedding and they let me keep many mementos. All of the staff are very kind and accommodating.  We definitely will be returning and recommend them!

Hair: Beyond Beautiful by Heather – Heather was amazing! She arrived on time and I believe a little early.  She did my hair for my wedding and 4 of my bridesmaids.  We all have different types of hair ranging from short to long, to wavey, curly, and straight.  I wore mine half up and half down in curls and my bridesmaids had mostly up-do’s with one side ponytail with curls.  They all looked gorgeous, Heather is very talented! When I was having a hard time making a decision about certain styles she gave me her professional opinion which helped a ton. We had email a couple of times to discuss the hairstyles and times and she always replied quickly, usually the same day.  She was done before schedule and all of the hairstyles held up all day and night J I am so incredibly happy that I choose Heather to do our hair and I definitely recommend her!

Flowers: 45 Bistro Floral Design/John Wax – Our flowers were absolutely beautiful! I actually cried when I saw them because they were even more beautiful than I had imagined.  I used white mini calla lilies, hot pink/fuchsia Gerber daisies, and yellow tulips.  John and his team did an excellent job.  They were done on time and wrapped with the correct ribbons I has chosen.  They even had extra flowers which they use throughout our ceremony and reception as extra decorations. We were very happy with the flowers and would definitely recommend them!            

Officiant: Jack Boylston (aka Tybee Jack) – Jack was awesome! Our ceremony was beautiful and heartfelt.  We had worked on a ceremony script together, he gave me some different versions and we were able to add to them to help personalize to our tastes. He is very reasonably priced, as compared to the other officiants in Savannah.  Jack arrived on time and was able to give the best man the instructions for the exchange of rings.  He also mailed our Marriage License back to the courthouse for us so we had one less thing to worry about J We had emailed several times and Jack was always very prompt to respond.  I also had several questions which he was able to answer with delight.  My husband and I did have a religious service which Jack delivered with excellence! We are extremely happy that Jack performed our ceremony! We definitely recommend him to other couples.   

DJ: Rockjocks Professsional DJ Services/ Don Scott – Don from Rockjock DJ’s did a fantastic job as our DJ.  He was our DJ for the ceremony and the reception.  We email several times and he was very quick to respond, always the same day.  He arrived on time and played all the music we asked for during the ceremony.  Don and his helper took direction well, we got a little off schedule with the father/daughter, mother/son dances and the cake cutting because the room took a little longer to get set-up but he was able to make the proper adjustments.  We did have to give him cues which worked out well for us.  He also took requests from our guests and announced us in for our entrance.  They are reasonably prices and we even got to use a wireless mic and had lights on our dance floor.  Don kept us and all our guests dancing all night.  He had really great transitions and played many songs from our playlist along with a few others that went with our taste in music.  We definitely recommend him! 

Photographer: Arann Weatherman Photography – Arann is the best! She is super sweet and very professional.  She is very reasonably priced and was able to work with us and our needs.  She photographed our wedding.  I gave her a must have shot list (because I am a planner) and she was able to capture the all the shots I wanted.  She also did many shots that were not on the list that I know I will absolutely love.  She and her assistant were great at giving instructions and making adjustments with our time (we were a little behind schedule getting ready).  We emailed several times throughout the planning process and she was very quick to respond, usually the same day.  I am anxiously awaiting the return of all of our photos but I am sure they will be incredible. (she is from Augusta, she traveled for our wedding)  

Cake: Baker’s Pride Bakery- We worked mostly with Trisha and had 3 different flavors of cupcakes with one top tier cake.  First when we met with Trisha they gave us a box full of cupcakes to taste all the flavors with the 2 different types of icing (for free).  While all the flavors were delicious, we went with carrot cake with white frosting, yellow cake with white frosting and chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.  They were delivered on time; since our wedding was on Sunday when they are closed they actually delivered all the cupcakes on Saturday but all the cupcakes were still as moist and devoured by our guest J.  The cupcakes and top tier cake were very reasonably priced.  We cannot wait till our one year anniversary to try the top tier cake.  We mostly communicated by email and she was always quick to reply, usually same day.  We and all my wedding guests definitely recommend Baker’s Pride!    

I hope this is helpful to you all!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    Sounds like you had a beautiful day.  Congratulations!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the reviews! I've been trying to find someone for hair/makeup and photography down there. Sounds like your day was perfect!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your post! I'm also getting married at the Marshall House, and your post just made me smile. I know its giong to be perfect! Congratulations to you :)
  • Options
    Congrats!  Glad you had such an amazing day!  We actually cancelled our wedding and replanned everything because of a HORRIBLE experience with Danny and Sandy at 45Bistro, but hopefully they took that to heart and changed the way they treat their customers.  Sounds like they have improved since then because I wouldn't have recommended them to anyone after what we went through with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards