Favors

Looking for favor ideas

Some info:
Our wedding's in early march
about 75 guests
in wine country

We were thinking about packets of flower seeds. Is that one of those horrific favors that no one approves of, lol?

I'd love to hear everyone's suggestions!

Let me know if you would like anymore info about the wedding if that would help you come up with something.

Thank you, Knotties!

Re: Looking for favor ideas

• gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    flower seeds are cute -- but then again, i'm the kind of person that would actually plant them. =)

Do you have a theme at all?  you said you're in wine country......

i'm handmaking a set of wine charms for each guest....which in my opinion, is good to have around the house if they entertain at all. they'll also get a little take home box for the cake/italian cookies that we'll have.

• slytherinaslytherina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flower seeds are cute. Do they go with the theme of your wedding?

My FI and I went to a gorgeous wedding at a winery last fall, and the bride and groom gave out bottles of wine from said winery as favours. Everyone was delighted! I imagine it was kind of a pricey favour, though, but this was a small reception (55 people). It might be too expensive if you're having 75 guests, but is something to consider.
    Don't you think you guys should maybe switch beds?? IMG_2501 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I personally would never use the seeds as I have nowhere to really plant them. Although I have enough of a green thumb to keep an already living plant alive I cannot imagine growing one from a seed. But only you know what your guests are really into.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally I wouldnt use the flowerseeds and may not even take them. If you are unsure about what type of favors to have you cant go wrong with something edible. Also I like gymbugmj2k favor of wine charms. Think about the "theme" of your wedding, mine is picnicy so I have cute little tiny baskets that I will fill with candy for each guest (along with letting my guests take home the blankets that they will be sitting on, and the baskets that will line my aisle). 
    I am also doing morning after kits for my guest because most of them will be coming from out of town so I want to make it worth their while. If your not on too tight of a budget this may be a good idea. I have about 75-90 guests coming (including children) and I am making 24 hangover kits (gatorade, 2pack advil, crackers ,breathmint, earplugs) for the drinkers (we dont have much) and 50-60 breakfast in a bag/box (a baked good such as a cinnamin bun scone or muffin, orange juice box, teabag or instant coffee, and maybe some sort of fruit or fruit cup)
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • edited December 2011
    In reference to wedding favors information in online, from what I understand from other threads you give one per guest. A friend of mine told me that if it is a personal favor like chocolate, a little bottle of wine etc. You'll give one favor per guest no matter what the favor since you may have guests.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the ideas! I don't know if we really have a strong "theme." We're using primarily pink garden roses, purple hydragea, and cream roses with some cystal garlands. Light purple is our primary color--with darker purples and light pink and silver as accents. The cake will be covered with flowers. We're getting married in a chapel that overlooks the river.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, and I like the idea of candy buffets (I've seen some gorgeous and yummy looking ones. It's amazing how people coordinate the colors to really make it pop) and personalized cookies, but a large number of my guests are health nuts, and I'm afraid they wouldn't want that along with the wedding cake, open bar, and gourmet coffee bar that includes chocolates and godiva liquers and stuff. I just want a favor that everyone will like.
  • edited December 2011
    For wine associated weddings, if you do not want to go with wine as favors, I always tend to associate the next best thing to cheese, since they just go hand in hand. Nicely packaged. local cheese or a pretty, hand-beaded cheese spreader or tiny cheese serving board, etc... there are many little keepsakes to brainstorm along that line.
    Favors & Event Accessories | majestystudios.com
  • pepperdownspepperdowns member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Since you are having it in wine country, you might want to check out my custom wine charms. They are really darliing - tiny books that can be customized on the first and last pages with whatever copy you want, even a photo. I cover the books in decorative paper and can put them in a cute organza bag to match your color theme - along with a thank you for attending card. If you want to check them out, visit www.bookcharmsmaine.com

I can also create a set of four with your copy and photo to show you how they would come together - at no cost or obligation to you.

Check them out - they'd go so perfectly with your venue!

Thanks,
    Sarah Downs
    Book Charms

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards