Destination Weddings Discussions

meet and greet and farewell

hello ladies, im getting married in april of next year on a wednesday in las vegas!! I would like to do something with our guests the night before the wedding and everyone can meet and hang out. Orginally we were going to do a double decker bus tour at 8pm for three hours....after i thought about this, I realied there is a 3 hour time difference from cleveland, where everyone would be flying from. Im sure people will be tired after being in an airplane and the time difference.

We cannot afford to have another dinner on top of the reception for everyone, so we were thinking to just tell the guests that we are going to margaritaville (inside of our hotel) the night before the wedding and they can join if theyd like, and im thinking of having cupcakes or a treat for everyone. We also planned of telling guests where we planned on eating dinner the night before we leave, again with another treat. I feel bad for asking people to pay for there own meals if they decide to meet up with us. I feel like we should do more for everyone besides the reception and the welcome bags for traveling all of that way.

Am I thinking too much? am I doing enough for the guests? I dont want to occupy all of their time because I want it to be a vacation for them and not just our wedding.  Both dinners are totally optional.

We invited 60 people but dont expect that many to show, maybe about 30, if that.

Re: meet and greet and farewell

• I think just what you have outlined, telling them where you are having dinner, is fine. I wouldn't even bother with the treats.

We aren't doing any group excursions or anything. Everyone is using our wedding as a 2nd honeymoon, so I don't want to intrude on their vacations either. We are all staying at the same resort and they know how to get hold of us if they want to hang out. I think we'll all hook up the night before and hang a bit, but other than that everyone is on their own.
  • Ours is kind of the same offering to join for a meet and greet to hand out welcome bags and the reception dinner. I am the same and don't want to intrude them atleast enjoying themselves but also wanting them to feel welcome to join things!!
    Anniversary
  • I am on the side that because your guests traveled for your wedding that you should do extra for them. We did a welcome dinner and a day after the wedding brunch. You can do things things cheap. We picked up food for the dinner and invited everyone over to eat with us where we were staying. For the brunch we did build your own breakfast sandwiches where my mom and daughter were staying. There are ways to do extra things that don't cost a ton of money, but mean a lot to your guests. 
  • I agree with you Kimmy.  My FI and I were just talking about a day excursion for our guests the day before the wedding, and I also see us having a day after the wedding brunch.  Some people would go out and do their own thing, but I know some of them would just sit in the room or hang out @ the hotel.  I want it to be memorable and like a little vacation for them since it will be the only trip some of them take all year.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would offer as much as you could. If you can do some kind of welcome or rehersal or brunch that would be ideal. It does not have to be that expensive, but a nice way to thank your guests for coming to a destination.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_meet-and-greet-and-farewell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:61ba15cd-0823-4e8f-8734-3c90a1156f11Post:753ebd3f-61d3-4a9d-b5cb-2f0215978187">meet and greet and farewell</a>:
    [QUOTE]hello ladies, im getting married in april of next year on a wednesday in las vegas!! I would like to do something with our guests the night before the wedding and everyone can meet and hang out. Orginally we were going to do a double decker bus tour at 8pm for three hours....after i thought about this, I realied there is a 3 hour time difference from cleveland, where everyone would be flying from. Im sure people will be tired after being in an airplane and the time difference. We cannot afford to have another dinner on top of the reception for everyone, so we were thinking to just tell the guests that we are going to margaritaville (inside of our hotel) the night before the wedding and they can join if theyd like, and im thinking of having cupcakes or a treat for everyone. We also planned of telling guests where we planned on eating dinner the night before we leave, again with another treat. I feel bad for asking people to pay for there own meals if they decide to meet up with us. I feel like we should do more for everyone besides the reception and the welcome bags for traveling all of that way. Am I thinking too much? am I doing enough for the guests? I dont want to occupy all of their time because I want it to be a vacation for them and not just our wedding.  Both dinners are totally optional. We invited 60 people but dont expect that many to show, maybe about 30, if that.
    Posted by soontobehasrouni[/QUOTE]

R u getting married in Vegas? I am getting married on April 12, 2013 in Vegas
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards