Tennessee

Any good places to go for wedding dresses in Nashville?

Hi everyone.  My daughter is going to school in Nashville and getting married March 2012.    I will be there mid March and we want to look at wedding dresses.  Any suggestions.  Her budget is $1500.  We have already looked at David's Bridal in Florida.  Thanks!

Re: Any good places to go for wedding dresses in Nashville?

• sboundksboundk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live here in Nashville and probably looked at ever "normal" bridal shop in that budget range.  Be prepared for some of these shops consultants not doing their job to help the bride out unless you have a decent budget.

The shops I went to were David's bridal, Bridal Warehouse, Glitz, and several others.  Glitz doesn't have a big selection as they are a small store and bridal warehouse, I ran into the problem of the consultant not asking what my budget was and then when she asked, she goes "well, you're not going to find anything in that price range"  This shocked me and actually hurt.

I will tell you the one store to try if you are willing to go a little outside of Nashville.  I never made it to The White Room (which has a location in Labanon and Murfreesboro) and the place I bought my dress is called "The Country Bumpkin" (boutique shop but has a great selection).  Let me just fill you in on my story why they are great:

I found a dress in a catalog and fell in love with it.  I probably called all the stores in Nashville and called some 80 or more stores from Louisville, KY to Atlanta, GA to Memphis, TN to Knoxville, TN.  Not a single store had this dress or they had it but cannot keep it on the racks and they would not order it just for me to look at.  So the second time calling stores, I tried calling some of the smaller boutiques that I looked over the first round.  I spoke to the owner of Country Bumpkin (931-372-8590) and she couldn't believe she missed this dress the when she was ordering.  She ordered the dress in my size/color I wanted and had it overnighted to be there by the following Saturday for me to try on knowing I may not buy it.  I went and tried on the dress and loved it!  I could of bought a similar Casablance Bridal or Sottero Midgley dress and spend somewhere between $1400-2500 but I only spent $700.

I hope this helps. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    The Bride Room
    Arzelles
    B. Hughes
    White Room
    Faccio
    These are the places I suggest but White Room will probably be closest to your budget.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a different experience with Glitz. I called with my budget($1200-1500) and she told me the majority of the dresses in her store were within that budget. I went and found my dress there. Yes, it is a small store. But I tried on probably 10 dresses and found my dress there. It is an all lace dress and was only $975! I called some of the "big" stores in Nashville and told them my budget and their starting dresses where double that!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at Bridal Warehouse and found a dress for $500 that I love!  They have a huge selection and most that I tried on were under $1000 but I gave the consultant my budget going in.
  • TitansluvrTitansluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just had a wonderful experience at The Bride Room...ask for Stephanie...she is amazing! Good luck, Julie
  • jkjwfu92jkjwfu92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the Bride Room.  That is where I got my dress. They are fantastic. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting mine at the White Room in Lebanon (about 30-45 minutes west of Nashville). I looked at David's Bridal and at Glitz, but the overall experience at The White Room was awesome: my consultant caught on to what I liked almost immediately, they have a huge number of dresses, they were busy but I never felt rushed or any pressure, and I liked that they could adjust the lighting (I'm having a night wedding) so I could see the dress in daytime v. nighttime lighting. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cait123,
       What consultant did you have when you went to visit the White Room in Lebanon? If you had a great experience with her, I would love to request her when I go to search for my gown in May!
  • edited December 2011
    I had Miriam at the WHite room in Murfreesboro.  She was FANTASTIC.  I only pulled 4 dresses, after those she knew exactly what I would like.  Dressed them up with veils, sashes, headpieces ect before I could even ask.  She was reading my mind!
    And, yes, the lighting thing is pretty cool. It went from just a pretty dress, to all over sparkle.
    Great experience!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I started at The White Room in Lebanon and didn't need to go anywhere else!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards