Favors
Options

Engagement Party Favors???? What do you think of this idea?

We are having a small engagment party of family and the wedding party, around 40-50 people. I thought it was nice to give a small favor, but something that won't break the bank as we are very tight on money to begin with. 

I was thinking of giving each guest a small organza draw string bag filled with candy (probably kisses). I would also attach a note thanking them for coming and that we look forward to seeing them at the Wedding. 

Does this sound too cheap? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!!!! 

Re: Engagement Party Favors???? What do you think of this idea?

• Options
    I would skip them.  I have never heard of favors for an engagement party.
  • Options
    I've gotten favors at engagement parties.  I think if you are going to give a favor, go with something edible (the kisses sound good!).  BUT, favors are definitely not mandatory.
  • Options
    If you're very tight on money I would definitely skip engagement party favors. I've never received one and I wouldn't expect one. Trust me, you'll be spending enough on the actual wedding!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Ditto brideinwaiting -- favors are not necessary, put that money in your wedding fund.
  • Options
    I recently had my engagement party and felt the same way. I was torn about giving my guests a little something but didn't want to spend too much on something frivolous. So I asked a favor to my aunts who knit as a hobby to make knitted coasters in my color scheme. They turned out beautifully and they were placed in white silk bags to give out at the end of the day. All of my guests thought it was such a personal touch that my family was able to take part in. So think about if you or your family members can make something to hand out. Maybe small containers of homemade jam?

They looked something like this but without the apple stem of course!

http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2011/09/crochet-apple-coaster.html
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_engagement-party-favors-what-do-you-think-of-this-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:26ae863e-0339-4232-9c98-88e41af9514fPost:127db0d9-cdb3-47b0-9d6b-a84211c45e3f">Re: Engagement Party Favors???? What do you think of this idea?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I recently had my engagement party and felt the same way. I was torn about giving my guests a little something but didn't want to spend too much on something frivolous.</strong> So I asked a favor to my aunts who knit as a hobby to make knitted coasters in my color scheme. They turned out beautifully and they were placed in white silk bags to give out at the end of the day. All of my guests thought it was such a personal touch that my family was able to take part in. <strong>So think about if you or your family members can make something to hand out</strong>. Maybe small containers of homemade jam? They looked something like this but without the apple stem of course! <a rel="nofollow" href="http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2011/09/crochet-apple-coaster.html">http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2011/09/crochet-apple-coaster.html</a>
    Posted by mofo9[/QUOTE]

FYI - you should not have hosted your own e-party nor should you ask anyone to do any work for and part of your wedding. 
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options

When we had our engagement party, my bridesmaids surprised me and decorated the room and put together the exact same favors you are thinking about doing. It was very nice of them to do that for me, however maybe 10 people took them and I went home with about 40 small organza bags with kisses. I appreciated it very much that they did that for me but if you are thinking of spending the money to do this I would hold off and put it towards your wedding fund.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards