Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

When are you taking wedding photos? Before or after ceremony?

When are you taking photos? Before the ceremony or after? Bride with bridesmaids and groom with groomsmen? I do want to wait to take my pictures with my husband to be until after the ceremony but not sure about all the other pictures.

Re: When are you taking wedding photos? Before or after ceremony?

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    After.  The chapel we are using does not allow any areas to be used as "studio" prior to the ceremony, after the ceremony you can have time to use the sanctuary for photos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My advice is to take as many as you can beforehand. You can take all the photos with your family and your bridal party beforehand that don't include your husband, then take those afterwards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are located in Northern California and most of the weddings we photograph we do the following:

One photographer following the bride getting ready and one following the groom. Then we do bride with all the bridesmaids and then with groomsmen and individuals of each. We tuck the bride away and then do the same with the groom and the bridesmaids and groomsmen. If the immediate family is there we will try to get those done too before the ceremony.

We then photograph the ceremony and after the ceremony do the groups with both the bride and groom together with bridal party and family. Then the family and bridal party goes into the reception area while we do the bride and groom together.

I know that some ceremony sites may have some restrictions but we get around the restrictions as much as possible so that there isn't a huge gap between the ceremony and the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing all of the pictures before except for family shots.
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After hair and make-up, we shot from 11-3:30 and did all the photos before the ceremony. That way we were able to head straight to our reception. It worked wonderfully, and maximized our time with our many OOT guests.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on taking pictures before seperately. Me w/my parents & bridesmaid, him w/his parents & groomsmen. After the wedding we will take w/everybody.
    ~Dating:6/21/05 ~ Engaged:9/25/09 ~ Married:7/9/11~
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards