Plus-Sized

The closer it gets!!

My wedding is June 30th, The closer it gets the more I'm freaking out!!! I just know there is stuff I am forgetting. I'm worrying about the flowers, the music, the food....what if I look like a tent in my dress!!!! What if no one comes, what if way more people then we invited come....do you all worry about stupid stuff too?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The closer it gets!!

• I think it is totally natural to start worrying about these things the closer we get.  The best advice I have gotten so far.... believe it or not by a man.... was SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG...... and after it does you won't even remember what it was, so take deep breathes and stop worrying about things you really can't control .  Try to relax and enjoy it!!!
  • I'm starting to worry more about these things as I'm only about 75 days out now. I mostly worry if it all will come together, as it still seems like fragmented pieces of a wedding to me. When I get overwhelmed by it, I just try to remember that the day is ultimately about one thing -- me marrying my best friend. Everything else should be secondary to that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_the-closer-it-gets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:33767ae2-1372-40f9-894b-59defb2e3936Post:60c623a4-54c0-4879-8664-185cce908318">Re: The closer it gets!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm starting to worry more about these things as I'm only about 75 days out now. I mostly worry if it all will come together, as it still seems like fragmented pieces of a wedding to me. When I get overwhelmed by it, <strong>I just try to remember that the day is ultimately about one thing -- me marrying my best friend.</strong> Everything else should be secondary to that.
    Posted by cwill6212[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%!!

Sometimes I think we get lost in the details, and forget to take a look at the big picture.  Just take one day at a time...and remember (like my mom keeps on drilling in my head) that it will all work out just fine.
    Anniversary
  • There's nothing to worry about (Although I get that you can't help it, I was the exact same way).  I was SOO worried that my wedding would be "boring" and that people would just sit in their chairs twirling their hair and watching the clock.  That was not the case at all! At one time all but a few people were on the dancefloor. 

Trust me, if something does go wrong (which is most likley to happen-but just be something minor) just fix it and move on.  Soak it all up, afterall everyone that attends is there for YOU and YOUR HUSBAND. That was so humbling to my husband and I.  At one point during the reception we looked at each other and couldn't believe everyone was there to celebrate US.  It'll be awesome so TRY not to stress :) 

imageimage
  • I know you are all right. And I didn't know that I would be so nuts about it all. So I am going to open a bottle of wine and just hope that all the venders know what they are doing and understand what we want.....lol Now to finish paying for it all :) @ cwill6212 if I was only 75 days away, I would need more that just one bottle!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_the-closer-it-gets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:33767ae2-1372-40f9-894b-59defb2e3936Post:c81bd094-d334-4f16-a749-3d52bc14fd2a">Re: The closer it gets!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know you are all right. And I didn't know that I would be so nuts about it all. So I am going to open a bottle of wine and just hope that all the venders know what they are doing and understand what we want.....lol Now to finish paying for it all :) <strong>@ cwill6212 if I was only 75 days away, I would need more that just one bottle!!!
    </strong>Posted by KJeffs[/QUOTE]

Just wine? LOL

75 days = 10 weeks.  that sounds scarier!!
    Anniversary
  • I am getting married on June 30th too!! I know how people feel about it being little broken pieces of a wedding. I, too, am starting to worry if I have covered everything and feeling like I should be having to do a lot more.

Everything will be fine, everything will be fine, everything will be fine. Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for triplets!!
    So ladys tell me what you have done and what you still have to do, Please....so I can see if I am missing anything, or am just way far behind??? We have Engagment pic. done, invites, ordered and here....but not the inserts yet, flowers ordered...Hate that I can't see them all done yet....recption and wedding place picked and almost paid for. What am I forgetting?? Oh dress bought and tuxes ordered....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards