New York-Upstate

Rochester/Finger Lakes Venues

Hello everyone! I got engaged this past weekend, and my new fiance and I are looking to get married next fall, if at all possible. I am from NJ, and my fiance is from outside Rochester. We are going to be looking at reception venues in both areas (NJ and Western NY), but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction since I have no clue where to begin. We will be having ~200 guests, and I would prefer that catering, flatware, silverware, open bar, etc be included in the price. Because we will be having so many people, I am hoping to find something that would be in the $100pp range. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Re: Rochester/Finger Lakes Venues

• edited December 2011
    Check out Belhurst on Seneca Lake. That is my venue and it is beautiful as well as reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    Shadow Lake in Penfield.  Just had my wedding there this past Saturday and it was PERFECT!!!  They really did a great job.  Another place would be Webster Golf Club, very reasonably priced.  Best wishes...Depending on when in the fall you get marriend, you can really negociate some prices.  We were able to get some great deals...and what I feel like more attention as well from everyone as they were not so busy as during the season and it was really nice to be so "special"...
  • callalilly323callalilly323 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you thank you! I've actually been to Belhurst Castle and I love it... Such a pretty setting... But I already know they are all booked up through next fall. I will definitely look into the other recommendations. Thank you!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    As a bride-to-be who is seeking a wedding venue in the Rochester/Buffalo area, my favs are The Woodcliff Hotel & Spa and Bristol Harbor Resort.  The Woodcliff Hotel is elegants, offers one stop shopping and a wonderful wedding planner.  The Bristol Harbor Resort is chic rustic with a fantastic view of the lake for ceremonies.
  • RonCourtRonCourt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Casa Larga Vineyards Geneva on the lake (not sure if that is large enough for 200 though)Canandaigua Inn on the LakeVentosa VineyardsHope that helps!
  • BelhurstBrideBelhurstBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Geneva on the Lake can't accommodate 200.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Also try Harro East Ballroom, Irondequoit Golf club and Artisan Works. They are all unique venues.
  • edited December 2011
    Woodcliff Hotel & Spa is awesome. We are getting married there July 2010 and they are wonderful! Very elegant and prices range from $65 pp for the basic package to $96 for the top of the line package. Good luck!
  • Rachel&JoeRachel&Joe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ventosa vineyards Aurora Inn Fontainebleau Inn Esperanza Mansion
  • edited December 2011
    We got married in July at the Rochester Plaza Hotel Pavilion/Tent in downtown Rochester and were SO happy with how it turned out! The food was fantastic, the venue was stunning and the service was really great as well. I'd definitely recommend it! (We also spent under $100pp and had a ton of upgrades including premier open bar for 4 hours, chocolate fountain, etc ( http://tinyurl.com/yfoj845 - password: hydrangea for pics!)
    Lilly & Ryan 7/4/09 --- Lelia Noelle 11/29/10 --- Aerilyn Grace 11/3/12
    imageimageimageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Wagner Winery on Seneca Lake.  Pics/reviews of vendors in my bio!
    July 19, 2008

My Food Blog

• edited December 2011
    Harro East Ballroom
    Woodcliff
    Eagle Vale
    Burgandy Basin

We have a smaller budget and are having ours at Lake Shore Country Club.  It is about $60pp, and it includes everything!

Hope you find something you like!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards