Maryland-Baltimore
Options

How involved was FI (or DH) in wedding planning

This is my first attempt at a clicky poll...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: How involved was FI (or DH) in wedding planning

• Options
    weezie825weezie825 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    DI was surprised at how involved DH wanted to be in the wedding planning.  I had expected him to take a back seat, but he really wanted to participate.  The only thing he wasn't really involved in was selecting my dress and my MOH's dress.

H and I make a pretty good team.  I am very analytical and enjoy research, so I researched all the vendor decisions and came up with a list of 3 - 5 acceptable vendors in our price range for each category.  We did the interviews together and came to a decision together.

For the creative stuff, like our inbvitation, I used MS Publisher to make several mock ups with different wordings and fonts and then DH picked picked his favorite.  Then we tweaked the design together.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He feels very strongly about certain things, but others he will just give his ideas and let me choose what I want.  While I'm glad that our wedding will be "ours", sometimes I wish he just didn't care so I could do what I want. I really do appreciate the fact that he does take interest though.  Let's me know I'm not the only one who wants to plan a great day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been surprised at how involved FI has been so far.  I wanted him to be involved in the big decisions, but I figured I'd narrow everything down to a few choices and let him have a say - and I also thought he might just sort of nod and point and then go back to whatever he was doing.  That's been the case for some things, but he has had a lot more opinions than I expected (for better or for worse!).

He also gets way more excited about things than I thought he would be.  He gets happy when we get RSVPs, he gets mushy about ceremony stuff, he texts me with ideas for music, etc.  He even designed our save-the-dates after I sent him one just expecting his approval (or a 'whatever you want', actually).  I still have to get on his case to do stuff (getting addresses, for example) but overall he's been shockingly involved.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DH was awesome with the planning actually.  He got pretty opinionated at times, but it was good.  If we were spending that much money on a wedding, I wanted him to be involved, have a say and not just be a fluff about it.  It actually made things easier sometimes.  I think his favorite part was picking out the cake at the tasting with Mary Elliott, and also at our dinner tasting at the Tremont.  He loves to eat! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My hubby really didn't go in too much for the detail planning (ie: colors, linens, etc.)...but was more interested in keeping the event on budget! He is the one in our team who tends to be grounded about things like budget, so that was a good thing :-)
    If it was all left up to me, I'm sure I would have spared no expense...lol

But for the most part, I made most of the decsisions - however, we always talked about the options together first. I've learned over the years how to make sure that all of the options were ones that he would be ok with, so I would just pick my favorites out of those, and in the end, we both ended up with a decision that we could live with!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He likes to be asked, but aside from things like vows and food, he doesn't have any major opinions about anything.
    planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards