Washington-Seattle
Options

How do you go about booking a MUA/hair person?

Like, did you all just go by word of mouth/availability & then just make your appointment?  Do they do contracts even?  It seems like that's just something that you pick out & book without meeting a lot of them.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do you go about booking a MUA/hair person?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Word-of-mouth, pricing, got references and availability then booked.  And yes, mine did a contract.  I wouldn't just pick someone out of a book since you don't know how they do makeup (some do heavier, some can do more natural, etc, a good one should be able to do a good range depending on what you want) - in fact I'm doing my trial tomorrow with MOH.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Pretty much the same as pp, heard about MUA/hair person via word-of-mouth (off Wedding Bee), emailed them and booked the date - and they also had a contract.  i need to book a trial and see how all of this goes......!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    She worked at the salon I got to, and did hair for two of my friends.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I picked some one who i've heard does a good job.. by word of mouth. BUt once I talked to her, she was prompt and got me the contract and everything quickly. her prices were right.

the hair person i hired was available and i've heard good things about. she is a coworker's friend and happened to do hair for a couple people's weddings that i know. :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had trouble finding someone who could do 9 people in a short amount of time... I went with the place that offered the best package for that but had good reviews on the Seattle Bio.... I think I was a little burned out at that point because I just sort of went with em =p
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Got recs, contacted them for pricing/minimums/etc., booked a trial and gave a deposit/signed a contract. Unless you've had your hair/makeup done by the person before or someone whose taste is similar/you trust has (or the deposit is refundable), I wouldn't book without a trial, but that's just me.
  • Options
    amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

preferred vendor from my DOC and I really liked her portfolio...using Venia Beauty for onsite hair and makeup...just went for my trial on wednesday and LOVED them...will put pics in bio-highly recommend them

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards