Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Is this correct?

I am kind of confused about ceremony music, so please help me figure out if I have this right!

We are having a friend play the piano, is she supposed to play the whole time guests are arriving and being seated? I was wondering if it would be okay to have a cd player or something playing during that time, maybe some Vitamin Sting Quartet?

Then when the bridal party walks in the pianist could start playing a song.  Then when it is time for the bride the pianist would switch songs?  I want to walk in to Canon in D by Pachelbel, but have my bridal party enter to something else.

Then when we exit I was going to have the pianist play something more upbeat.

Does this all sound alright?

I've loved you since I was 8 years old...
243 Invited image
171 Are ready to party! image
70 Are party poopers! image
2 Said they can't give an answer until a week before the wedding..EXCUSE ME?!!! image
RSVP Deadline WAS September 20th!

Re: Is this correct?

• Yes, that sounds just fine, if you rather her not play during guest arrival...HTH
  • I think it would be odd to have recorded music during guest arrival,, then switch to live.  Why not have her play during arrivals?
  • We will probably have her play during arrivals if that is the norm.  I just thought that might be a really long time to play but I would actually prefer her to play throughout.

Thanks!

I've loved you since I was 8 years old...
    243 Invited image
    171 Are ready to party! image
    70 Are party poopers! image
    2 Said they can't give an answer until a week before the wedding..EXCUSE ME?!!! image
    RSVP Deadline WAS September 20th!
  • What you've said sounds correct.  Make sure your friend is comfortable with transitioning from one piece to another with the processional.  If she hasn't played any/many weddings, you may want to practice that at the rehearsal.  After the last WP members are down the aisle and in place, she should bring the song to an end and then begin whatever song you've chosen to walk to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards