Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Wedding gift for your Groom

I know this isnt as much of a tradition as it once was, especially since a lot of couples are paying for the wedding itself. (Like us.) But I still want to get him something for our wedding day. It doesnt have to cost a lot. I was thinking of writing him a letter and also something else. What do you ladies have in mind for a gift for your groom? (I did bodouir photos, but plan to give them to him on our honeymoon.)

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding gift for your Groom

• Well, I was going to suggest b-pics, but since you're already doing those...

I guess typical gifts would be something like a pocketwatch or a regular watch, cufflinks, tie tack/bar/chain. Some brides give their groom a personalized flask and/or high-end liquor.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_wedding-gift-for-your-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:9e12e709-14eb-4fdb-999f-aca197477b6aPost:362337ad-e341-47e0-9763-b04989aa0866">Re: Wedding gift for your Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some brides give their groom a personalized flask and/or high-end liquor.
    Posted by artbyallie[/QUOTE]

Oooooo I like the high-end liquor idea! 
    Photobucket
  • Yeah, he's not much of a jewlery kind of guy. He def would love the flask/ high end liquor. I was also thinking something kind of silly like a funny t-shirt. His closet is full of them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This may sound silly, shoot, even I think its silly lol. But my FI carries hankies on him, always has, always will. So I was planning on getting him a personalized hanky saying something like "Today I marry my best friend" Our names and wedding date. Something cute and simple enough.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got mine concert tickets. His favorite band was playing in our town during our honeymoon and he was bummed, so I got him tickets for a show in Philadelphia!
  • edited June 2012
    My soon to be sister in-law made her husband a photobook for the wedding.. There are websites you can go to! It was really cute. Each page had photos of them during there relationship with cute messages to him. It was very thoughtful. It was waiting for him in his dressing room before the weddding. Kind of a reminder of all the fun times you have had together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got him a new watch and a nice bottle of scotch.  He got me a really nice necklace to wear with my wedding dress.   We also each wrote each other a card and had it delivered to each other's hotel rooms on the morning of the wedding.
    DSC_9275
  • He got me as a wife. That was his present. J/k we didn't have any money to buy each other wedding gifts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think since we are getting married at the start of hockey season, and we are both big fans, and hockey was kind of how we got met, I'm going to buy a pair of super close/on the glass seats to a game. I still have to get through a whole season to figure out which one, but I'd like it close to our wedding/after HM. That way we get a nice evening out and it'll be meaningful to him the day of. I'll probably include a note and make a scrapbook type page to give it to him on, since that's personal.  I still have time to think about it, and will probably change my mind.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I wrote a very long, thoughtful letter -- over a period of about three months -- and gave it to my husband on our wedding day.  He loved it!
  • I'm going to give him cuff-links made from maps that I found on Etsy. One link will be from his hometown and the other will be from our town. I love the idea of the picture book. I may try to do that!!
  • My FI is very curious about his Czech heritage because his grandfather died at such a young age, long before FI was born, so little is really known about his lineage.  I was thinking I would go onto Ancestry.com or a similar site to HOPEFULLY present him with an ornate artwork of his family tree back to the point his family came to America.  I've heard these sites are super easy to navigate and soooo much information available.  Just keeping my fingers crossed that it works.
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We're not exchanging gifts. Getting married and going on a honeymoon is enough! We didn't want any extra expenses or things to think about.
  • A love letter would be totally cute! I was thinking about getting him a new cologne to wear the day of the wedding =)
    Photobucket
  • When we were shopping for wedding rings, my FI went all googly-eyed over a fancy skeletal-dial watch, the kind where you can see the inner mechanics moving around and it runs off of the heat of your skin or something (so there's no battery and it'll never die). He thought it was really neat and I know he is fascinated by the inner-workings of mechanical things like that, so I'm pretty sure I wanna go that route. I think I'll write him a letter too, and have them both waiting in his room the day of the wedding.

I love the concert tix idea. What does your FI love to do? Mine likes to climb and go camping, so other ideas might be a new rugged backpack or a "coupon" for a weekend in the woods or something. A groom's gift doesn't have to be traditional- might be awesome to do something more specific to him like that.
    Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to get FI some cufflinks for the weddign and as for his real gift a nice hummidor for cigars. He said that his dad's family tradition is to give the bride her a pearl necklace for the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards