Texas-Austin

HELP! Pastor can't marry us

Our pastor had a huge family emergency to tend to out of state. She will not be able to marry us Sept. 11th. Can anyone reccommend anyone?

Re: HELP! Pastor can't marry us

• edited December 2011
    Judge Jon Wisser is awesome and he told me that he often gets calls to do last minute ceremonies when other pastors/officiants back out at the last minute or no-show. He may be worth contacting. Here's his email address: jon.wisser@gmail.com
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no! I actually went through that as well so I can empathize with you and your situation. I would ask if she had any recommendations to offer or if the church she is affliated with can offer sister churches' pastors. Best wishes!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Chaplain Larry Todd. If you google Austin wedding chaplains, you will find his contact info. He's great and if he isn't booked already, I'm sure he'll do what he can to help you out.
  • edited December 2011
    Our pastor, Rev. Bonnie Connor, is wonderfully kind and helpful, and she and her husband are both registered officiants. http://www.reverendconnor.com/Site/Welcome.html
    They serve as full-time hospice chaplains during their day jobs but are very responsive over email and phone.  She may have some suggestions if one of them cannot perform the ceremony. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards