Moms and Maids
Options

Bridal Party Packing List?

Looking for any recommendations for what the bridal party should pack. The wedding venue is approx 2-3 hours away from where most of us live and we will be going up the day before for rehearsal, I'd like to provide a list so everyone can make sure they dont forget anything.
Any sites/links??
THANKS

Re: Bridal Party Packing List?

• Options
    Dress, shoes, undergarments, jewelry, and everything else you would pack if you were going on an overnight trip like makeup, hair stuff, deodorant, etc. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Assuming that the people in your wedding party are adults, they do not need to be told what to pack. If I were a BM and the bride handed me a list telling me to make sure I pack clean underwear and my toothbrush, I would roll my eyes and throw it away. People know how to pack for an overnight trip. They will be fine. 

What you could do without offending anyone, is have a basket available of the things people may need in an emergency but not think about. Asprin, bandaids, needle and thread, double stick tape, Downey Wrinkle Releaser, lint roller, things like that. But being told what to bring will probably annoy people. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridal-party-packing-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:9cc2a089-ab61-455a-a9a1-ecea1fda4ae1Post:06881454-7ba3-4f45-9223-6dcddd9f2834">Bridal Party Packing List?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looking for any recommendations for what the bridal party should pack. The wedding venue is approx 2-3 hours away from where most of us live and we will be going up the day before for rehearsal, I'd like to provide a list so everyone can make sure they dont forget anything. Any sites/links?? THANKS
    Posted by kailashaye[/QUOTE]
    Have they never traveled before?<div><div>
    </div><div>Providing a packing list for them could come off as condescending. </div></div><div>
    </div><div>Here's the thing... you guys are only going for one night and it's only a couple of hours away. The only thing the bridal party needs is medication, money and their bridesmaids dresses. Technically speaking,, anything they forget can be purchased.</div>
  • Options
    I agree with other posters.  These people are adults and have most likely traveled before.  They know what to pack and what things they may need.  As with travelling any where it isn't like there won't be a food store or CVS/Walgreens type store around where they could go and buy shampoo or deodorant if they happen to forget it.

• Options
    I would think it was a joke if someone gave me a list of items to pack. Then I would wonder: "did I time travel, and am now 6 years old and need to be mothered? Am I hallucinating my friend believing me to be a complete incompetant? Did my friend have a mental break? Should I slip her a valium?"
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options

Please dont send them a packing list. You arent their mommy. I am sure they can handle putting together a bag for the weekend.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridal-party-packing-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:9cc2a089-ab61-455a-a9a1-ecea1fda4ae1Post:d2dd4a82-f88c-44b0-9a96-977c8d505fa0">Re: Bridal Party Packing List?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Please dont send them a packing list. You arent their mommy. I am sure they can handle putting together a bag for the weekend.</strong>
    Posted by KatWAG[/QUOTE]
     This.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards