Christian Weddings
Options

AW: God's Beauty

I am leaving in 5 days with DH and my parents for a trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.  If you've never been, then you don't know what you're missing.  It is one of my favorite places on Earth (and I've traveled a lot) because it is just impossible to go there and not be struck by how beautiful God's creation is.  I've been there twice and DH has never been.  I'm incredibly excited about the trip and really trying to keep it to myself because I don't want to oversell it and have him be disappointed.  We will be there for less than a week which is a bummer but it is better than not being able to go at all!

Has anyone ever been there?  What was your favorite part?

Sarah - how far are you from Yellowstone?  I can't imagine it's more than a day's drive. 

Re: AW: God's Beauty

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh have fun! I was there a few years ago and it's gorgeous out there! Take lots of pics! Your DH is going to LOVE it!
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to go!  My sister lives in Jackson Hole, but FI and I haven't had the time off or the extra $$ to go there. :(  Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_aw-gods-beauty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0eff4bc1-0e2f-46d8-ab4d-fa1685515573Post:0a7a8821-b5e3-43d4-a3da-6cbbc465f279">AW: God's Beauty</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah - how far are you from Yellowstone?  I can't imagine it's more than a day's drive. 
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

I'm about 9 hours away. Maybe I can convince H we should go there instead of Western WA over Labor Day weekend... ;)

But seriously, enjoy! I love, love, love Yellowstone.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never been, enjoy your trip!!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ally - your sister lives in paradise!

Sarah - That would be so coo!!  Seriously, if I lived 9 hours away from there, I'd be there A LOT!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have fun!! Bring back pics! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have so much fun! Ditto on the pics!
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We love Yellowstone. It was gorgeous, cool, and so much fun! When I went with my parents when I was little, I completed the junior rangers program they had and was very proud of myself! Wink

I don't remember the Grand Tetons-- I was really sick for that part of our trip.

Hope you have a great time!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I were just talking about vacations we want to take after we get married and that is one of the TOP on my list. Neither of us have been there and I just wanna see it so badly! Enjoy!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards