Students
Options

mario bros wedding theme

Hi my name is Angie im still a undergraduated student. My boyfriend and iy decide to get married well he propose :' we r gonna marry by the law first and after a year through church. I was wondering if anyone have ideas for a mario bros wedding theme we r both gamers??
I will appreciate the help :

Re: mario bros wedding theme

• Options
    Hi Angie-I think a subtle Mario Bros theme would be cute--just make sure to not go too overboard, pictures are forever.  I'm sure you could get some great ideas by googling, so definitely try that--creating a Pinterest board would be a good idea for this.

As for your two "weddings"-please rethink this.  What is the rush to get married?  Why not do it legally and religiously at the same time?  If you do the legal ceremony now, what you'll be doing a year later is just a vow renewal.
  • Options
    I agree, please rethink doing two "weddings". Why can't you just do it all at once? Won't it be even more meaning ful that way? I wouldn't be interested in coming to your "wedding" if you already got married a year before.

I'd also say rethink your theme. Honestly, it has the potential to become tacky really fast, or feel like a kid's birthday party. The only "theme" anyone needs for a wedding is "Wedding", in my opinion.
  • Options
    I'm just doing a Mario cake. It shows my personality without going too crazy. And doing a theme wedding can go bad really easily. 
  • Options
    I disagree with last statement, I think themes make the wedding fun and add personality, plus if you are both gamers, it sounds very you guys. I think there are many classy ways that you can incorporate your theme without making it "Tacky". Ex: Wedding cake topper have Mario and the Princess on top. Perhaps use some of the games colors in the color scheme of your wedding, just be careful though with this one, the colors are very bright. I can see you having a lot of fun with this without going overboard. Perhaps the table numbers could have an icon of the mario brother and the table could be named after that character.

BTW, I can understand wanting the 2 weddings, you can't afford your dream wedding but want to get married and don't want to remember your wedding day as wearing jeans and t-shirt in front of a judge. I'm also assuming that the reason you don't want wait is you want to be able to freely live with your fi / bf w/out being judged for not being married - Totally get that! So I think in your case it would make sense to have 2 ceremonies. I'm a student too, and where I live it's hella expensive ex: 1500 a month for a Studio! I hated the idea of roomates, epsecially when you know that you are with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Moving process is also expensive so imagine that X2 moving in w/ roomates then moving in with husband. My fi and I moved in together a few months before getting engaged, but the only people I've gone out of my way to tell are people close with me and aren't going to judge me for it. We have stable jobs, so that's not a problem, but we are having a long engagement so tha twe can save enough to have the wedding we want.

To sum up the last paragraph, I support your decision to have 2 weddings :)

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards