New Hampshire
Options

Just engaged :)

Hi everyone, just wanted to properly introduce myself. My name is Jessica & I just recently got engaged to the love of my life. I am from Methuen, Mass (fiance is from NH) & we're looking at Granite Rose, Brookstone Park, Atkinson CC, & Castleton in Southern NH as well as Diburro's, Renaissance, & Merrimack Valley Golf Club in the Merrimack Valley, MA area. I am so excited... & already a little overwhelmed.. but mostly excited!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here! I've already had so many questions answered just by reading through previous posts! Congrats to everyone.

Re: Just engaged :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board!  Everyone is super nice around here so don't be shy!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!! How did he propose!? You have to tell that story :)

Sounds like you have a good selection of venues you are visiting! My FI (fiance) and I live in NH and are getting married in MA in Andover. 

We have a really good board here, don't be afraid to ask us anything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jrich7686jrich7686 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! 2 weekends ago, we took a weekend trip to NYC to visit my cousins. Saturday was spent with family-- while on Sunday, he & I left and drove into the city so we could spend the day just the two of us. We had decided on Central Park, since we visited last summer and loved it.
    The weather was gorgeous, so when we got to Central Park he suggested a horse & carriage ride.. Being the girly girl romantic I am, I obviously accepted :)
    So we took a horse & carriage ride, then got off & walked around the whole park it seemed and just saw some sights. It was late afternoon & I was exhausted from walking around all day & lack of sleep, so I asked if we could get going back to the car. He asked if we could just walk through the park more.. and so he lead me over to this quiet spot with these gorgeous blossoming pink trees.. and asked "Do you remember this spot from last time?" I said no.. and he said "Well you will now.."
    And he got down on one knee & asked me to marry him. :) I was speechless for a bit then of course, said yes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awww such a cute story!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww super cute story! Congrats!
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, congrats! That's so cute! Castleton is absolutely gorgeous, if my aunt didn't get married there recently, I would have went there because it's just soo beautiful. Enjoy the process and all of us are always here to help! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yaay welcome to the board!! :)
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome Story.  Congratulations and Happy Planning!!
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    kloirekloire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  and Welcome
  • Options
    TroyandKellyTroyandKelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats!
    I noticed that your places are all in the same area as me and wanted to also suggest Zorvino Vineyards (www.zorvino.com).  It is beautiful there and they have been extremely helpful!  The cake is included in the wedding - and they have a vendor package option that is wonderful and all of their vendors have been fantastic!
    I planned and paid for my wedding in 8 months - and actually am completely done with everything with more than 3 weeks to go.  If you know Exel - I highly recommend using a spreadsheet for everything.  I would attach mine if I knew how.

I am from NH and my fiance is from Methuen...how fun!

• Options
    knwithamknwitham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, just wanted to say congrats, and the propsal story is amazing...you will never forget that spot! As for the venues you are looking at, I looked at bascially all of the same ones. We looked @ Andover CC, Diburros, Merrimack Golf Club, and Atkinson CC. When it came time to decide we were torn between Merrimack and Atkinson but finally decided on Atkinson due to the fact they had overnight rooms available and we loved the space! Let me know if you have any questions on the venues, I saved all of my information from them all! Happy Planning!
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, welcome to the NH board!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    jrich7686jrich7686 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Granite Roser and I can't say enough about how wonderful they've been!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great story! Congratulations and welcome!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! Im getting married at Diburro's of you have any questions dont hesitate to ask!!! They are awesome there and the rooms are beautifula nd the food is good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards