Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Curly hair brides?

I'm just starting to look into hair styles for the big day. I have spiral curls with a mind of their own. Sometimes it behaves, other times... not so much. Looking for some advice on wedding day hair styles... pictures welcomed :o) TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
planning bio

Re: Curly hair brides?

• Options
    Your curls are beautiful. Mine are frizzy. So I know this means I'm cheating on my natural curls, but I am going to do my hair straight and then curl it with a curling iron. My hair will look more smooth that way.

These are in my notebook:

http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/49731/detailview.aspx?type=3&id=49731&wedding+details=hair&pageindex=2

http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/42714/detailview.aspx?type=3&id=42714&specific+detail=half+updos

http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/64446/detailview.aspx?type=3&1&id=64446

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options

My curls are similar in texture to yours but my wedding will be in August in DC (which is exactly like swamp weather : hot and humid). I'm planning on blowing my hair out becuase most people are used to seeing me with straight hair, however I will be wearing it in a chignon or fancy french braid, anything that will not have loose hair. I don't know the weather in CT in July, but that is going to play a big role in your style selection so will your venue (indoor/outdoor, etc).

Another thing I started doing months before my wedding was deep conditioning my hair every week and getting frequent trims. THis has dramatically improved the health of my hair. Try Carol's Daughter products and if you have a Dominican salon in your area, definitely let them give you a Dominican conditioner!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Trini Bride
  • Options
    I have looser curls but still pretty curly hair. I'm an August/San Francisco bride, so humidity is not as big of a factor for me. I have my trial this morning, but these are my inspiration pics.

• Options
    I agree with PP. Deep condition weekly and trim/dust ends once a month. With curly hair, it's dryer and needs more TLC

There is a product by BEDHEAD that is in a round purple bottle. It's a cream that detangles and softens. I beleive it's called SMALLTALK but I'd have to double-check.

Also check out www.curlz.biz They sent me samples of thier stuff and I loved this product. All thier products have frangrance but they smell yummy. Kind of like cake frosting.
  • Options
    I have curly hair as well but, mine is no where as gorgeous as yours are... Would u ever straighten it then curl it? Thats what im planning on doing cause I hate my curly hair and love my hair straight plus its just easier to work with.
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have curly hair that too behaves sometimes and others not.  For my wedding, I actually straightened my hair with my CHI iron and then had the stylist curl it with a curling iron.  That way the curls were controlled and not frizzy.  I know that sounds silly, but thats what I did.  I wore my hair half up with soft curls.  I also conditioned my hair and used my normal styling products even though stylists usually tell you not to before the wedding so the style will hold better.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you are still interested in looking for a fab hairstylist for your big day,
    you can contact a great freelance hairstylist in boston area!!!!
    She's done a lot of amazing work such as wedding and photoshoots, and prices for her services are also reasonable!!!
    If you like, you can contact her at calvina@gaudeandgold.com for more info 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards