Illinois-Chicago

Etsy RANT!

So, I've been communicating with an etsy vendor to order a unity candle and a memorial candle. I started this communication around January 22th. It is now the end of February and my order is still not complete.

I am so not happy with this vendor at all. I had to ask her 3 times what the cost of the order would be. I paid for it, hoping that would light a fire under her butt. It didn't.

She clearly doesn't read my communciations to her b/c I gave her my requests for the memorial candle on January 31st. She asked me this morning how I wanted it designed.

She promised that the order would be shipped before Saturday...it's not Tuesday and my order isn't even completed yet.

I am so upset and disappointed with the vendor that I am VERY tempted to cancel my order and dispute the charge on my bank card. It should not take this long for this...and if it does, don't make assurances you can't keep.

When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio

Re: Etsy RANT!

• edited December 2011
    CANCEL IT! If this is the same etsy vendor you talked about prior, then I would just forget working with her...she's proven time and time again that she's not worthy of your business.
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • edited December 2011
    Agree ^^^^^^  Cancel it!  She is obviously not a trustworthy vendor, and if you've already paid for it... who knows if you'll ever really get what you've ordered. 

Sorry you're still dealing with this! 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BFP Chart BFP 10/7/11 EDD 6/20/12 HB@7w 114
  • edited December 2011
    I had a similar situation with a vendor I was working with (except I hadn't paid anything yet). I sent her an email asking her to cancel the transaction since she could not fulfill the terms of our initial agreement. She canceled the paypal request. Hopefully your vendor will refund your payment in hopes you don't leave her negative reviews?
    Do you mind PMing me her vendor name? I had plans to order our unity candle from Etsy and don't want to mistakenly use this vendor.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Sparkette, that sucks! I remember you talking about this before, I would cancel it too! Most Etsy vendors get your order right out, I hope you have better luck getting it resolved or finding someone else!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • IzzyBarIzzyBar member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not good! Unfortunately, I have also found that when dealing with some  Etsy vendors, the communication a bit dicey. I would cancel as well and get the candle at a retail store here in Chicago.
  • Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it's the same one. Part of me feels bad that I'm upset, I really don't like confrontation. It looks like her work is nicely done but it sucks that the service isn't up to par with what I was expecting. She's been nice to me when I bring up these lags in time, but it's not good enough. I need results and it's just not happening.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    :(  i would cancel it....i was going to have someone on etsy design my invitations and after not hearing back from her for 3 weeks...i took matters into my own hands (and right now currently stressing about them!)
  • edited December 2011
    I would cancel the order as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would most certainly cancel it!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Spark,
    Sorry to hear about your dilema. This "business owner" has shown you who she is and how she does business.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them. Actions aways speak louder than words.

My advice would be to cancel the order. Let her know in a very nice e mail that her customer service is not what you expected and you can no longer wait for her. She told you one thing and has not delivered on it. You expect people to keep their word. If you really have trouble with confrontation, have your FI help you or if you have a wedding planner let her do it.

I have used my planner to speak with supposed wedding vendors who were very unprofesional with me and I was just so mad I didn't want to deal with it.

I met with an officient that I never told I would be using him. He never followed up with me until 6 months after our initial meeting.  At that time in e mail, I first thanked him for his follow up, but that I decided to go in a different direction with an officient. He wrote me back and scolded me in e mail aksing "when was I going to let him know I wasn't going to use him, as he saved my date and has turned down others for that date".....UMMMM not my problem, I never told him or even intimated that I would use him, he never followed up with mein a timely manner, and  didn't provide a contract, nor did I sign one.

Not my job to close his business deal with me. His job. My wedding planner was at the meeting, so I had her contact him to let him know this was unprofessional communication considering he is the vendor and I am the customer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards