Favors
Options

Candied apples?

Its a long ways away, but my mom and were looking around and stumbled across candied apples as wedding favors (caramel, chocolate, nuts, etc). We're getting married next fall, but the theme isn't "fall" its just kind of rustic and casual. If we made a bunch of apples as favors with tags saying "eat me" or something like that, would you take one? FI isn't sold on the idea since he eats about two bites them tosses them, but it reminds me of fairs of when I was a kid. What do you think? And how many should I make for about 50-60 people?

Re: Candied apples?

• Options
    mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to have a candied apple as a favor. I would make one per person.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the candied apple idea.  I want to have mini candied apples for my cocktail hour.  I think a lot of people would love one for a favor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE them...and if there are some left at my table I will snag those too  :)
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Edible favors, IMO, are the only way to go. Anything edible will go over well.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Options
    rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would eat one. But my FI wouldnt but I would just take his and eat it :P. I think if you do go with them then 1/person would be fine if someone doesnt want theirs then someone else will just take it. And I agree with muffin'smom if there was any left behind I would take it.
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would take one. I'd say do half of the amount of people you have. Then for the other half have another option.
  • Options
    TwoByTwilightTwoByTwilight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to do this SO badly because it would just fit perfectly in our Fall theme but everyone is SO against it!

it would cost alot to get them done and nobody wants to help me DIY. -.- plus I found out a good friend of mine is actually allergic to apples!

I am instead making cookie stuffed cookies- I will have my edible favor one way or another...
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Candied apples are great for a fall wedding.  Have one per person.  You could package them in a cello bag tied with a ribbon or raffia, and a leaf.
  • Options
    mahreeemahreee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i considered candied apples as well... but got a lot of negative feedback from family who wouldnt want to help. BUT, i saw the cutest idea... candied apple SLICES! a lot easier and a lot less messy for those eating them. a few slices per guest would be super cute, and then you could mix up flavors! good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea, and I would def be eatting them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards