New Hampshire
Options

Different Wedding Venues - Looking for ideas. :)

I live in southern NH and am looking for a place to have a wedding/reception that is anywhere from Concord - south to the Massachusetts line - east to the seacoast - and extending up to southern Maine. I have family coming in from CT and MA and am trying to keep it toward the seacoast so they can just shoot up 95. 

We're trying to find a place that's not "typical". I've seen SO many ballrooms that just all blend together - from country clubs to hotels.... they just all look the same to me. We have a meeting tomorrow at the Red Barn @ Outlook in Berwick, ME - which looks AWESOME. But - in the event it doesn't work out (they book up fast), I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas. 

We really want the place to have on-site food services, table set-up, etc. In other words - we would love a place that is more of an all-inclusive place, than a place where we have to rent tables, linens, chairs, etc. 

Let me know if any of you have seen a place like this! I appreciate any leads anyone can give me. :) THANK YOU!

Re: Different Wedding Venues - Looking for ideas. :)

• Options
    Pat's Peak in Henniker does all that, and it's beautiful, but it's in the opposite direction of where you're looking. But it might be something to keep in mind.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_different-wedding-venues-looking-for-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:86525ea8-2519-4410-88f4-c8ec28bfe704Post:06be6636-f07b-4823-8b88-181e4ec276fc">Re: Different Wedding Venues - Looking for ideas. :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pat's Peak in Henniker does all that, and it's beautiful, but it's in the opposite direction of where you're looking. But it might be something to keep in mind.
    Posted by MrsKathyC[/QUOTE]
     Thank you! I'll take a look at it! Much appreciated!
  • Options
    I don't know what your price point is, but I recently got married at Searles Castle in Windham; kind of further from the seacoast, but much of our family is from Maine, Mass, and CT and it's pretty easily accessible from all areas via I-93.

It's definitely not a cheap venue, but it is 100% all-inclusive - they even have basic table linens and napkins if you don't want to rent those; I purchased my own table runners and chair sashes, and that was it (and they set them up for me!).  If you're even remotely interested, they're incredibly responsive via email and will send you a price list.  Sean and Scott were amazing to work with, very open and up front about all prices and what they were able and willing to do for us, and took care of absolutely everything.  I'm not at home right now, but I'm happy to post pictures from my venue - it's definitely unique, and absolutely breathtaking.  Our guests were blown away!

Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    I'm getting married at Cruiseport Gloucester.  Red Barn was also on my list, but I saw Cruiseport first and fell in love.  It's right on the harbor and has floor to ceiling windows that over look the ocean.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Also, I looked at the Commons 1854 in Topsfield, MA.  It was really beautiful and different.  I ended up not going with it because you had to take large flight of stairs to the reception space and there was no elevator.  I have some older relatives that wouldn't do great with that.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm not sure what your budget is, but we're getting married at the Bedford Village Inn.  We have 90% of our guests coming from MA and southern CT.  It is a beautiful property, I am hoping that our guests feel like there getting away for the weekend and not just at another wedding.  That is why we chose the BVI.
  • Options
    I got married last year in the Embassy Garden at the Granite Rose in Hampstead, NH.  It is off of Rt 93 as well, but they were wonderful to work with.  They have gorgeous grounds, and they so have food service and table set-up, etc.  Just another option for you! Good luck! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hidden Hills in Rindge, NH has a beautiful outside courtyard, and the prices aren't bad. I was supposed to get married there, but we went sooooo over budget we moved it to my parents house, but they were easy to work with even when I had to cancel with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    its in your totally opposite direction, but off 93...
    if you are willing to go to plymouth NH, the italian farmhouse has a beautiful greenhouse for receptions and ceremonies.  we tried so hard to get it, but it was booked.
  • Options
    We are getting married at the Dell Lea in Chichester, absolutely gorgeous and surprisingly inexpensive... it's a big converted barn and the grounds and views are absolutely beautiful!
  • Options
    I am getting married next Spring at Zorvino Vineyards in Sandown, NH.  The grouds are beautiful and the owners are wonderful.  We looked at quite a few places and this is the one we fell in love with!
  • Options
    Depending on your budget, there is Flag HIll Winery in Lee, NH, which is in the mid-high wedding venue range.

My fiance and I are looking at state parks, where we can rent pavilions on the beach or in the woods from $80. Of course they provide only the pavilion, ceremony location, and picnic tables... but for that price it's fun to be able to customize! Just check for easily accessible restrooms, especially if you have guests with limited mobility.
  • Options
    Right now I'm looking into Isles of Shoals Steamship Company. It's in Portsmouth NH. You can get an all inclusive package that includes a bunch of stuff. I have yet to call to find out the price on that though. http://www.islesofshoals.com/weddings.html
    My only concern is, what about my hair!? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards