Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

XP: Gamer Brides?

Hi ladies! This post probably isn't going to make much sense to non-gamers, so my apologies in advance.

FI and I are total video game nerds and would love to incorporate this into some aspects of our wedding. For instance, my MOH is designing a Luigi/Daisy cake topper, and we're going to ask the bakery about a NES groom's cake. We'd also like to incorporate some music from our favorite games into the ceremony (as gently as possible, of course). A dear friend of mine is a composer, and agreed to help me with sheet music for violinist and piano duets. We both love the Mario, Final Fantasy, and TLOZ series. 

I'm thinking about having one of these playing before the ceremony, and possibly for BP and myself to walk down the aisle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BUXsqx0gRI&feature=related

We're also thinking about havnig a stylized version of this after we kiss and to walk back down the aisle. 

Are we totally crazy? Does this seem like it would work? Any suggestions on other VG music that would work?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
bridesmaids-2
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Gamer Brides?

• I play World of Warcraft myself and ended up with their background music on a disc from the Cata expansion.  It sounds classical so I thought it would be great to put that in and watch how many of my friends get where its from and all my relatives remain in blissful ignorance. 
  • All of your selections are great. I am a long time Nintendo girl and love your Zelda choice. Have you  given the Zelda 25th anniversary album a listen? Might have some more inspiration from that. FI and I are considering having the Zelda "received item" tune after our ring exchange.

If you have not selected a first dance, I recommend this:
    Sam Hart - Mario Kart Love Song
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards