California-Inland Empire
Options

I LOVE THE IE BOARDS...

I browsed around some of the others, and the orange county board, and no one talks to you there (HA HA WAS I LIKE THAT WHEN I LIVED IN THE OC?!)
Everyone on the IE boards are so nice, helpful and supportive!

Michelle:)

Re: I LOVE THE IE BOARDS...

• Options
    mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Laughingyeah these girls are amazing....i love them too!!!!
  • Options
    HA HA RANDI, AMBER, EMILYPEACH AND DESI...what do you guys do during the day?  I have run in and out of here like 5 times thoughout the day and you guys are always on here!
    I thought I was one of the only work-at-home-moms (or bride to be or whatever:)
    Michelle
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im a teacher, so im in front of the computer during quiet time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This board is awesome thats why I cant leave:0)
    I've had the pleasure of meeting some of these girls and we have become friends!
  • Options
    mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i work at statefarm in highland but i jump on throughout the day. if i was at home all day i would be on here ALOT more!!! lol...
  • Options
    ha ha okay:)  well I am a work at home mom. (as some of you know already).  I am a crafter-i love to sew, and i actually have a small business making bags, diaper bags, pillows, terry wraps, and i have done some childrens costumes and clothing (but making clothing still makes me nervous:)
    its funny...when I was first starting out, I was made some wedding bags for a girl on here-it must be like 9 years ago now? and she asked if she could post her bags-and i was swamped with business overnight:) 
    But I love to sew, and so fortunate that my husband's job allows me to stay home with my kids!  when i saw you guys on here all day i thought maybe you guys worked at home too:)
    here is a pic of my daughter in a halloween costume, and a picture of her felt food-she has a pretend restaurant called "CUPCAKES" so I try to make her more felt food every time I can (it is SUPER TIME CONSUMING!)

• Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    aww thats cute! I was gonna get some wedding bags for my bridesmaids.
  • Options
    emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm usually on a lot :( work isnt so good for me right now.  I'm a substitute teacher, and right now theres more of us than there are jobs so when I'm not working I'm online or doing chores/errands, and looking at millions of wedding related things :)

Desi, what district do you teach for? I'll give you a day off :) haha!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome to the board.  Everyone here is great!  I wok but I usually sneak in time for the IE girls. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

kasi love your wedding pic:)  I was taking a break for a while (I either have a ton of orders all at once, or none) so I get overwhelmed and take a break:)  I am actually just starting to get back to work-and now I have something to put the money away for so I don't blow it all!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Why don't you tell us about yourself.  We like to get to know people.  You can tell us anything wedding related or not. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oops, I just saw your post below where you told us about you.  LOL. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    emily- moreno valley
  • Options
    SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work during the day but, I like Kasi sneak on to the IE boards :-)

I wish I could sew! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Sarah B (my youngest daughters name is sarah:)
    I actually learned how to sew when I was about 10-I hated that because I lived with my grandmother, she taught me to sew, cook, knit, crochet...but all I wanted to do was play with my friends.  One summer she enrolled me in a sewing class that was everyday-at the westminster mall. 
    Ha ha-I never thought that I would be grateful that she made me do all that!

I didn't really get into it until I had kids, then I started sewing little things for them.  Then once they got into preschool, I started buying them the premade totes and painting them and embellishing them so they would be cuter-and I washed one and it FELL APART!  I was so mad.  So I looked at it and thought-DUH, I KNOW HOW TO SEW I SHOULD MAKE THEM MYSELF-then I could do them however I wanted.  Well that is how I started making bags.  Canvas handpainted at first then I started adding fabric lining and pockets-all the teachers at school started to get them, parents started to order them.  Then not long after that I had a bride from here (like 9 years or so ago) ask me to do her wedding bags, then i had more work than i knew what to do with.  so i did that off an on, then started making more complex bags, with borders and pockets and accessories, then added in other things like travel pillows and terry wraps.  Then more recently the children's costumes and clothing.  It keeps me busy and it is fun.

It really isn't that hard to learn-there is a Sew Vac in Long Beach-and other places, they actually have all sorts of sewing classes from beginner to advanced and they do project classes.  They had one once where you get to embellish jeans!  I wanted to go to that but missed it-they were so cute-they had a pair on display.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think sewing is awesome.  I wish I knew how...but I'm too lazy to actually learn.  So what I am saying is that I wish my mom made me learn!  My friends has helped us make our costumes and she makes hers and her husbands.  I think it's pretty awesome! 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work for a software company building web apps so I am on a computer ALL day. I take breaks and come on this board;)
  • Options
    SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom knows how to sew but didnt teach me how.  My Gramma knows how to do all...She wants to teach someone how to crochet (she makes our christmas stockings) so that someone can carry on the tradition.  I think I should probably take a sewing class and stop complaining that I cant sew LOL

Very fun stuff! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    You wouldn't believe all the things you could make-AND FIX UP AND MAKE BETTER when you learn!:)
    (you can save a lot of cash too-uh or in my case, spend more...HA HA I HAVE SO MUCH FABRIC-I think I have a fabric addiction!)
  • Options
    MarcellaMunozMarcellaMunoz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Awww, I envy you. I wish I could sew. Especially since no one in my family knows how. Maybe one day I will find some time and learn :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards