September 2013 Weddings

FFFC

Since Mpi is away, I'll start the thread! 

Lets have it ladies!  What are your flaming today?  What really grinds your gears?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FFFC

• I'm a flamethrower today!

- I flame the construction crew that has been working on my street for deciding that today, my lone day off, to work at the bottom of my driveway.  Had to drive across the lawn to get out :/.

- FI for waiting until I pull in front of a bridal salon (randomly decided to solo dress shop) to ask if I want to go to lunch with him.  That was OK though, since I rarely get to have lunch with my love <3

- I also flame an alternate dress shop 5 minutes from my house for being on vacation until Tuesday, and the one 7 minutes away that doesn't open til 3.  Really?  Ugh.

- I flame myself for not driving back to the first shop because I REALLY want to check it out -heard nothing but great things about them!- but it's out of the way and gas is a grip.  I'd had a reason to be in that area earlier, but it doesn't make sense to go back grrr.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I flame the jewelry store in which my FI purchased my engagement ring.  As you know, I was just given it on Sunday.  Literally, the next day while admiring its beauty instead of working I noticed that one of corners didn't twinkle in the light.  So with my microscopic eyes I looked closely enough to give myself a headache and came to the conclusion that the corner was indeed chipped.  I freaked the eff out.  My FI had been saving for this ring for MONTHS and planned the most perfect proprosal a girl could ever ask for.  And the damn diamond is chipped.  

So that night I broke the news to him.  There was no way in heck I could have chipped it because I hadn't lifted a finger since receiving it!  All I did Monday was show it off to my co-workers and admire it.  lol    So Monday evening we went back to the jewelry store where he purchased it and told them about my suspicion.  And low and behold under the microscope it was a clear as day.  When FI originally purchased that diamond, it had not been mounted.  In the mounting process, they chipped it but supposedly didn't notice doing so.  

Thankfully, the jewelry store is ordering more diamonds in the four C's grades that my FI selected or better for us to come in and select a new diamond.  I get to keep the current ring until a new one is given to me.  But still.... this is the diamond my FI selected for me.  It makes me sad.  But I'm thankful that my crazy eyes caught it so early and that the store is rectifying the situation.  
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am sooo agravated with  my job hunt - trying to get a Surgical tech Job - been out of school 9 months now - stilll nothing - have had exactly 1 interview -- in the mean time - I went back to what I was doing before I graduated - working in a produce department in a different grocery chain and everyone there is all over me to go into mgmt training - would be a good thing - but I just don't want to do that for the rest of my life - so I have to have a decision by tomorrow - in all of that going on i have continued to apply for jobs in the field i want - and now a new hopsital is opening AND i have several people wanting to put in a good word - just so fed up with the process.... and the timing of everything

All of this going on while I am trying to figure out how to get a place, deal with FI aunt and what we are going to do with her, and her house and all that craziness...

when it rains it pours !!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Been trying to get FI to go to the pet store with me for a week to get dog food for the furbaby.  He kept putting me off so I got frustrated enough to just go do it today (only 1 more day of food left in the old bag) and it rains whilst I'm at the pet store so I end up carrying a huge bag of dog food through the rain, getting completely soaked in the process.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:5b3c338e-9fab-4cd0-94d2-dc1d3084076bPost:a0373316-6760-49f3-ae37-8a5f203274a1">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am sooo agravated with  my job hunt - trying to get a Surgical tech Job - been out of school 9 months now - stilll nothing - have had exactly 1 interview -- in the mean time - I went back to what I was doing before I graduated - working in a produce department in a different grocery chain and everyone there is all over me to go into mgmt training - would be a good thing - but I just don't want to do that for the rest of my life - so I have to have a decision by tomorrow - in all of that going on i have continued to apply for jobs in the field i want - and now a new hopsital is opening AND i have several people wanting to put in a good word - just so fed up with the process.... 
    Posted by DMoore421[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel you on this one. I've been out of school for two years in December and I'm still working three part-time jobs. I've only had two interviews for librarian positions and both of those were only part-time. And this is with having eight years of experience in my library system. At least all my jobs are in my field now. I was a cashier for awhile and those were some dark days. Hope things start to look up for you!</div><div>
    </div><div>I can't stand people who don't pull their weight around my work place and I hate even more that when I'm seen not doing something my boss jumps all over me to give me more work. How about we give the people who are too busy having their own personal conversations to answer the damn phone some work and leave the poor girl who works 50+ hours a week alone for a little while.</div><div>
    </div><div>I hate when people act all surprised that I'm not wearing make-up for my wedding. I don't wear make-up ever. I don't like it. FI doesn't like it. And yet people always ask me, "Don't you want to look extra good in your wedding photos?" No, I want to look like myself. And why the hell do I need make-up? FI isn't expected to wear any so that he looks good in the pictures, now is he? Grr.</div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards