Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

XP: Outdoor Ceremony = Music Snag

With just 100 days to go (ACK!!!) I've hit a little snag!

We're having an outdoor ceremony on 6/2.  I just booked a tent yesterday so we're "covered" there. My "plan" was to play an instrumental song for the parent seating, then have someone sing as I walked down the aisle and another singer after our vows. I presumed this would not be a difficult task to arrange with the DJ who is doing my reception.  But apparently, the logistics of it require much more tear down/reset in a very short amount of time.  So---now I'm stuck.

I was thinking we could use a portable stereo to still play the songs we want... It will just not have the big speakers or microphone "production" as planned. Do you think the tent will hold the sound in enough to still get the effect? What else could I do in this situation so we still have music in our ceremony?

PS - Renting musicians is not really an option. I already went over budget with the tent rental so I don't need to spend a lot of $ on this area....

Re: XP: Outdoor Ceremony = Music Snag

• This is maybe too obvious, but do you have any friends with good audio equipment?  A good portable stereo, while not ideal, could probably get you the volume you need, even in a tent, but if you could get something with a little more power, that'd be better.  If you just take a music player of some sort and hook it up to more powerful speakers than what usually comes with your typical portable stereo, you'd be better off. 
  • Any friends in a band w/ a PA? That would be your best bet for good amplification.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Look into an ION tailgater system. Found one yesterday for a great price. From the reviews I have read it can get loud if you need it to and it comes with a microphone :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards