Christian Weddings

Tuesday QOTD

Will you be watching the summer olympics? Favorite sport you are looking forward to watching?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tuesday QOTD

• Absolutely!!  I love women's gymnastics.  I remember Grandma let me stay up late to watch back in 1996 when they won gold.  I was 9 and decided I wanted to be Kerri Strug (the girl who twisted her ankle on the second to last vault).  I've never taken a gymnastics lesson and have zero athletic ability, but I LOVE watching them every 4 years.
  • We always watch the olympics!  Although this year I'm really bummed because they took softball and baseball out :-(

I prefer to watch gymnastics and swimming in the summer.
  • Heck yes! We don't have a TV but I fully intend to go camp out at my parents house and watch on their giant screen. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Yep, I'll be watching it off and on. 

I like gymnastics, swimming and diving.  I like watching people do things that I'm terrible at!  I also really like the sailing races.
  • I LOVE the summer Olympics. Gymnastics is my favorite, but I enjoy most of the events, actually. I'm bummed though, we don't have TV,  just Netflix. I dont' know how I'll get to watch. :(
  • No, not me.  I used to love it as a kid, but I've just gotten bored because I can never catch the events I would be interested in (only gymnastics).  I've also gotten bored now that they do the Olympics every other two years, even if alternating winter with summer.  I feel like there's more build up when it's every four years.  And with the Internet, you hear the results before you can watch it.  I'm much more of a World Cup fan for that reason.  
  • I love the gymnastics and diving!
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If I can find a way to watch it I will. I might camp out the the student center at school and watch it. I love gymnastics, swimming, diving and track and field. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't really watch the Olympics unless someone else has it on. BUT my friend's baby is going to be in a commercial that will run during the Olympics, so I'll look for that! 
  • Yup, GO TEAM GB ;)
    Anniversary
  • edited June 2012
    I always do. As a matter of fact, we're recording them so we can watch every single second. My favorite in the summer is soccer and gymnastics. H really loves the diving.

Ash, that is really cool! How did her baby get picked for a commericial during that?
  • Is is football season yet ?
    Love is All You Need
  • Yes, I am even considering making my furlough week during one of the weeks the games are on. I love volleyball, gymnastics, track and field, swimming, diving, archery ... there actually aren't too many events I won't watch.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_tuesday-qotd-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:7b091aef-58f0-420e-820b-fdaa514d1c1cPost:021c3d40-0815-4990-8768-c8146f4276d7">Re: Tuesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always do. As a matter of fact, we're recording them so we can watch every single second. My favorite in the summer is soccer and gymnastics. H really loves the diving. <strong>Ash, that is really cool! How did her baby get picked for a commericial during that?</strong>
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Well it's for a health insurance company and my friend's husband works for the company who designs their ads so they asked him if his son would want to be in the commercial.  I'm not sure if it's local or national, so I don't know if it will just be shown around here or everywhere. My friend showed it to me. Pretty cool! </div>
  • I LOVE the Olympics.  We will be watching.  I love everything ; but my favorites are gymnastics, diving, and track and field.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards