Catholic Weddings
Options

Resoluton Checkin - Bloodied but Unbowed

Well, I really fell completely off - make that jumped off - the wagon this weekend! The whole thing with my job - I allowed it to throw me off, but I am not giving up. Tomorrow my goals are:

1. Walk 30 minutes at lunch
2. Eat healthily all day
3. Walk 30 minutes when I get home
4. Rosary on the way home

Hope you all are doing better than I am...

Linda
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Resoluton Checkin - Bloodied but Unbowed

• Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning, Linda!  Back on "the horse"!  No worries!

Doing ok - tried to stick to veggies as snacks etc this weekend.  FI made woopie pies for the Christmas get together on his mom's side on Sat - been trying to cut them in half, but then I just eat the other half.  Had a bit too much wine on Sat night, but redeemed myself yesterday with egg substitute/mushroom/spinich/swiss omelette and fruit for brunch and  salmon and veggies for dinner.  So overall not bad - FI and I are looking at elipticals - so that would help.

Today - still recovering from class on Fri/Sat - so goals I guess would be
    1.  Keep choosing healthy
    2.  Homework
    3.  More journaling/Rosary tonight - missed the last couple nights on that.
    4.  We'll see how walking goes over lunch - should hop on the treadmill.  I'm so irritable and crabby - would relieve some tension.
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i fell off the wagon saturday  night....had about 30 WW points worth of booze!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I ate pretty well today and I did walk at lunch. There's a regimen I found in Fit Over 40, where you alternate walking forward, sideways, and finally backward, on the treadmill. It's a pretty good workout! So that was good. I also had to walk up the hill to my house...we're supposed to get enough snow here that the extraordinarily steep hill up to my house might be iffy in the morning - this is our first winter here so we're not sure how much snow makes it impassable. ANYway, I didn't do my Rosary on the way home, but I did listen to morning Mass when I got to work this morning. I've pretty much decided it does me little good to plan to work out when my FI is here. Especially in this cold weather!

Got the official letter confirming my promotion today, so my boss should announce it tomorrow. Got lots to do this week before it takes effect next Monday!

We can do it, guys!

Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_resoluton-checkin-bloodied-but-unbowed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:2ede8716-2166-4673-8aa1-8aac1d91dfa7Post:40a10808-0841-42ef-a3f9-a3bbda6a8771">Re: Resoluton Checkin - Bloodied but Unbowed</a>:
    [QUOTE]i fell off the wagon saturday  night....had about 30 WW points worth of booze!
    Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

Yup - I don't even want to know how many points are in a bottle of red wine - so if you try to tell me I will close my eyes, plug my ears, and "la, la, la" through your post!  ^_^   I know it's like 800 calories... :P. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_resoluton-checkin-bloodied-but-unbowed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:2ede8716-2166-4673-8aa1-8aac1d91dfa7Post:e2cd0493-d38f-44fb-b81c-2d0fd8aec4dc">Re: Resoluton Checkin - Bloodied but Unbowed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I ate pretty well today and I did walk at lunch. There's a regimen I found in Fit Over 40, where you alternate walking forward, sideways, and finally backward, on the treadmill. It's a pretty good workout! So that was good. I also had to walk up the hill to my house...we're supposed to get enough snow here that the extraordinarily steep hill up to my house might be iffy in the morning - this is our first winter here so we're not sure how much snow makes it impassable. ANYway, I didn't do my Rosary on the way home, but I did listen to morning Mass when I got to work this morning. I've pretty much decided it does me little good to plan to work out when my FI is here. Especially in this cold weather! Got the official letter confirming my promotion today, so my boss should announce it tomorrow. Got lots to do this week before it takes effect next Monday! We can do it, guys! Linda
    Posted by lmeade62[/QUOTE]

Nicely done!  Yea!  You are official!   That workout sounds intersting.

Also walked on the treadmill at lunch today - while reading some homework - two birds - one stone.  Working on some homework now. 

Also resisted the pastries that were brought in for a birthday today - so big win! 

I know, exercising in the cold is so hard!  The poor puppies need to be walked in the worst way but I just can't bring myself to do it!

Went to chiropractor today, finally.  My sciatica is acting up...pbbt.  Too much sitting!!!  Ha - just one more incentive to add to the list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today was, eh. My goals for tomorrow:
    1. Gym after work. I felt light headed when playing tag with the kids at work today, FI (med student) suggested that maybe my body is still making up for me donating blood two weeks ago and it was slowed down replenishing those red blood cells by me being sick last week. In any case, I'm going to try to make it through at least 2 miles.
    2. New goal: Less time wasted on the Internet!!
    3. Pay more attention in Mass. I generally make it to daily Mass but I've noticed lately (past few months) that my attention span is getting really short. So, thats my goal for tomorrow :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards