Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Vendor Reviews

I wanted to give a recap of my recent wedding in New Orleans on May 14, 2011.

Stationary
Scriptura (wedding invitations and thank you cards) - Margaret is wonderful there!  I got so many compliments on the invites she designed just for me!

Tupelo Honey (rehearsal dinner invitations and bridal luncheon invitations) - Maria was great too.  She drew pictures and maps for the locations of our events creating stationary that was lovely and unique!

Bridal Luncheon Venue
Ralph's on the Park - Lovely view of the park and the food was tasty too.

Rehearsal Dinner Venue
Bistro Daisy - The chef was amazing there.  We had a four course meal for 60 people and everything was prepared perfectly!  Guests said it was the best meal they've ever had. 

Church
Rayne Memorial United Methodist Church

Reception Venue
Ogden Musuem of Southern Art - Elaine was a pleasure to work with there.  The staff went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect for my big day!

Wedding Coordinator
Aimee Barousse of Plan B Productions - Made sure my vision came together just how I had imagined it should.  Had great recommendations for caterers, florists and rentals.

Caterer
Nick Digiorio - Recommended by Aimee and did a fabulous job!  He had to work under constraints such as no immediate access to water or open flames allowed, yet he was still able to make BBQ shrimp and grits among many other tasty dishes.

Rentals
Your Event Delivered provided all the tables, chairs, candelabras, table cloths, cake stand, etc.  I worked with Kevyn who was a great help designing the floor layout for the event.

Florist
Audubon Florist (church) - Did a great job on flowers at the church.  Anna the florist I was working with there left the shop right before my wedding, but the flowers still turned out great.  Slight problem with my bouquet on the day, but the shop fixed it right away.

Christina O'Malley (reception) - Beautiful arrangements at a reasonable price.  Lots of compliments. 

Cake
Gambinos - Cake looked beautiful and tasted good too.  Only complaint is that they used a different ribbon on the cake than the one I provided and it was too dark.

Band
Kermit Ruffins - So much fun!!!

Transportation
RTA Streetcar (wedding party transit to reception) - Turned out perfect!  We were able to get some great pictures while we were in route.

Royal Carriages - We didn't use the designated "wedding carriage", but instead opted for an all white carriage.  I was surprised the driver even showed up in a tux.

In sum, all my vendors were wonderful too work with!  They made it all come together just the way I envisioned it would.  New Orleans is a great city to get married in.  People there really know how to throw a great party!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    ladean2ladean2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any comments on Rayne?  I'm getting married there on June 11.
  • Options
    phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding sounds so awesome!  I love Bistro Daisy...how did you fit that many ppl into that place?!  I bet Kermit was so fun too!  Congrats, sounds like everything was amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards