Chit Chat
Options

Step momma drama!!

So I thought this was all blown over but I guess not. My Fi sent his mom flowers, we live in Wisconsin and she lives in Maine. So I let him do that. I let it be up to him what he wanted to get for his mom and step mom.

On mother's day his step mom had to work until 3 and my Fi was going to go over their around 4 but on his 10 minute drive over his step mom had called him and told him how upset she was that he never texted or called her to wish her a happy mother's day. They got into a fight and he ended up not going over their. 

Today he wasn't feeling good. He doesn't have insurance and his step mom is a nurse so he called her to see if she thought he needed to go into the doctor. She said she had no idea what was wrong and she was still upset over mother's day!

I don't know what to do my Fi has tried to apologize for it but she won't hear it and I am tired of going over their and her being short with me and taking it out on me! 

Re: Step momma drama!!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_step-momma-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0db9611f-197d-4d6d-882f-9797899a700ePost:dabfa889-61b4-480c-b7cf-f6ce87da0450">Step momma drama!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I thought this was all blown over but I guess not. My Fi sent his mom flowers, we live in Wisconsin and she lives in Maine. So I let him do that. I let it be up to him what he wanted to get for his mom and step mom. On mother's day his step mom had to work until 3 and my Fi was going to go over their around 4 but on his 10 minute drive over his step mom had called him and told him how upset she was that he never texted or called her to wish her a happy mother's day. They got into a fight and he ended up not going over their.  Today he wasn't feeling good. He doesn't have insurance and his step mom is a nurse so he called her to see if she thought he needed to go into the doctor. She said she had no idea what was wrong and she was still upset over mother's day! I don't know what to do my Fi has tried to apologize for it but she won't hear it and I am tired of going over their and her being short with me and taking it out on me! 
    Posted by BriannaMarie12[/QUOTE]

You let him send his mom flowers???  You let him decide what to get his mother and stepmother???  Your FSMIL is throwing a tantrum and guilt trip on your FI for not saying "Happy Mother's Day" soon enough???

Your FI needs to get health insurance ASAP and look into a spine transplant.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options

My FI has a mom and step-mom..  we sent both of them a card.  Now we have no drama.  Maybe consider this next time.

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    As someone who has worked in the health care field you have no idea how freaking annoying it is when people want your medical advise.  Really, these Dr. 's went to school for how long, if its that bad then you just need to go. 
    Junebride12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_step-momma-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0db9611f-197d-4d6d-882f-9797899a700ePost:e3fa352b-0f3c-4c56-920f-e7d863eee4d8">Re: Step momma drama!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As someone who has worked in the health care field you have no idea how freaking annoying it is when people want your medical advise.  Really, these Dr. 's went to school for how long, if its that bad then you just need to go. 
    Posted by mhogberg[/QUOTE]
    This.  Just because she's a nurse doesn't mean that she can or should be giving your fiance medical advice.  I assume she refused to give him medical advice less out of anger at the mother's day incident and more because it's not her place to give medical advice. 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards