Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Wedding-September vs. May??

Hey everyone!
So I've been discussing with the groom-to-be and we can't decide if we want a May or September wedding! We want it outdoors and was wondering what you guys thought would be better for an outdoor wedding-May or September (spring or fall). Keep in mind we are in Wisconsin! Thanks guys! :)

Re: Outdoor Wedding-September vs. May??

• I can only speak as someone from the East Coast, but I'd be more comfortable with September.  I love May and love spring (we married in May, but outside in Bermuda) but it just hasn't warmed up yet over here.  September is the end of summer and you're far more likely to have comfortable temperatures.
  • Ask on your local board. Because we live on the east coast surrounded by water, the falls are great and the springs unpredictable.  What about where you live?
  • Definitely dependent on location! As a person who lives in Seattle, both May and September can be very wet months! But if it were me, I'd choose September over May for my region. Probably a good question for your local board. The farmers almanac was a great suggestion too. 
    cassandra + justin. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I live in Wisconsin and well we are picking may just for the fact of June is busy and then it gets to hot so may should be alright not hot but not to cold
  • I don't know Wisconsin weather at all, but living in Colorado I would say you would probably be better off doing it in May.  Even if its the same temperature in May as it is in September (say 65 degrees) the perception in May is that this is "nice" in comparison to the winter but  in September it is "chilly" in comparison to the hot summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards