California-Los Angeles

Looking at these venues! Advice!

I'm looking at Hartley Botanica, Eden Gardens, the Hidden Chateau, Walnut Grove and Calimegos Ranch. Any advice/stories to share.

Re: Looking at these venues! Advice!

• katzluv88katzluv88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    eden gardens just opened in sept. i was never able to go and look at their property but the lady was very nice on the phone and even gave me prices even though they weren't open.
    walnut grove- i had called but i think they couldn't have weddings on a Friday (i defiantly might be wrong about this) or they were just really too pricey for what i wanted. But that lady was also very nice and got back to me rather quickly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm touring Eden Gardens on the 11th and Walnut Grove on the 18th. What venue did you end up going with?
  • KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know someone who got married at the Chateau.  It looked lovely, but I believe you have to use their caterer.  Something to consider...  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • katzluv88katzluv88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_looking-venues-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:384ba905-013f-4b21-9555-b058642b1f02Post:6a60d000-db03-406d-95e4-57510d5cfdec">Re: Looking at these venues! Advice!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm touring Eden Gardens on the 11th and Walnut Grove on the 18th. What venue did you end up going with?
    Posted by musicalmaniac86[/QUOTE]

I ended up going with moorpark country club because i just loved the location and FI and I wanted something very private. Also we are not doing a wedding plan we doing a banquet plan and still able to meet our min for a friday wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imlovingitimlovingit member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Calamigos Ranch is beautiful and there catering company is even better. I've never heard of any of the others so I cant comment on those.
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at The Victorian which has the same owner/catering company as Calamigos, and I've also been to a couple of weddings at Calamigos. There were a few little bumps, but overall, I had a really good experience. And the food was fantastic!!! 
  • We are getting married at Walnut Grove Sept 2012. They have weddings Friday, Saturday and Sunday's. We are actually getting married on a friday because they were totally booked up for Saturdays in 2012 when we went in Sept. So far it seems great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My cousin got married at Hartley Botanica, and it was a beautiful wedding; the grounds were gorgeous.
  • We are getting married at walnut grove in may 2012! Very excited about it. They are completely booked for 2012 though. When we went back in October, they only had 2 dates available for us! We also looked at Calamigos Ranch, it was nice, but I didn't like the idea of five other weddings happening at the same time in all of the different areas on the grounds.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • www.gardensofparadise.com booking comes with awesome planner we love her already and you can bring in own vendors and it is beautiful waterfalls lagoons
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards