Oklahoma
Options

Bridesmaid Drama! PLEASE HELP!

Ok, so our dream location had a cancellation and we were able to get it booked for July 2nd. The problem being one of the bridesmaids will be out of state ALL summer. I asked if there was any way she could fly back for 1 weekend and she responded with "nope". Not even trying! Is is selfish of me to want to have the wedding without her? Should i ask her to help me with details before she leaves? Please help me figure this out!

Re: Bridesmaid Drama! PLEASE HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    unfortunately, her life can't be scheduled around your wedding.  :(  one of my dearest and oldest friends will not be able to make it to my wedding because she will be out of town for the entire month.  i offered to fly her home for a weekend, but due to circumstances that wasn't an option.  it is okay to go ahead and book the wedding without her, but it is NOT okay to make her feel guilty about it or to be hateful about it.  your wedding is one day, albeit a special one for you, but you can't expect the world to stop turning because it's your wedding. 

preserve the friendship if at all possible.  don't worry about "replacing her", mismatching parties are okay now.  however, if you do replace her, make sure to smooth things over with her.  continue to have lunch or dinner or hang out with your friend and let her know that it's okay.  try not to make her feel like she's been replaced...  if you're good friends you should be able to talk about it without any meanness or hard feelings.

good luck!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Coco...be nice, but definitely proceed with your dream wedding!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards