Wisconsin

Milwaukee Caterers

Hi all!

Does anyone have good suggestions for caterers in Milwaukee?  I am working with a small budget and am interested possibly in "stations" which I hear is becoming more popular.  We are having a small wedding & our venue allows us to bring in whatever caterer that we want.  I am looking to only spend $25/person maximum.

Thank you all!

Re: Milwaukee Caterers

• edited December 2011
    You found a downtown venue?  If so, congrats!  I hear Chef Jack is pretty good for catering.  He's nice too.  I would've gone with him, but my venue does the food.

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MissBNicoleMissBNicole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We found one in Bayview that is perfect for us, yes, thank you!  I will look into the chef, thank you for that too!
  • edited December 2011
    Chef Jack has great food and Chef is a very nice man but....... 

If your venue doesn't have the tables necessary to display the food, they charge you to rent theirs. We werent made aware of this until 3 weeks before our wedding, forcing us to try to outsource tables or find an additional $600 in our budget. And, no, this was not in our contract when we signed it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Chef Jack is EXCELLENT, but expensive.  We are using Skyline Catering.  They are custom caterers that will make a menu based on what YOU want.  It's great.  The food is excellent and the prices are definitely reasonable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Irene's Catering. Deb Torres will work with you. I think Chef Jack is good as everyone said, but found that the prices were more outside of my budget. Hope that helps! And best wishes!
  • tjoschkotjoschko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was between Chef Jack and Irene's.  We are doing appetizers and stations and Irene's food was a bar above Jacks.  He is a great salesman though.
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MissNicole-Just curious, where in Bayview will you be?  We are also being married in Bayview!
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Caterers are really busting my budget here. I'm having the hardest time finding one I can afford! Zilli's is good but expensive. Chef Jack's was also out my price range. It seems so hard to find a caterer for the budget-minded!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TwoNixTwoNix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how much you want your caterer to do, Outpost and Beans and Barley cater...great, fun food by companies with good ethics.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Zilli's Hospitality Group in Waukesha. I 've gone to several of their events and I just love their food. They surprise me everytime. I've tasted other caters before, but Zilli's well known and I trust them. They also cater my wedding and will work with your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards