Iowa-Des Moines

Toad Valley Golf Course

I have reserved Toad Valley Golf Course in Altoona / Pleasant Hill, IA. Just wanted to see what peoples feedbacks, suggestions, or complaints would be? If you have had a wedding there or even attended a wedding there?
THANKS ALL!

Re: Toad Valley Golf Course

• edited December 2011
    I am attending a wedding there this Saturday and can let you know what I think after that.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • edited December 2011
    yes! Please do:) Thanks You!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, reception was fun! Food was decent, the staff seemed very helpful and competent. The room was nice! Overall I liked it very much.

The dinner was a buffet- there was salad, two kinds of pasta and two kinds of sauce, and bread. Open bar.

Bathrooms were nearby which was very nice. Oh and staff would regularly attend to the gift table, and put the presents underneath of it. I guess there was some instances of theft at some point? I don't really know for sure.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • edited December 2011
    Great!! Thanks for getting back to me!
  • LesJo81LesJo81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a reception there and it was not good. There was not enough room for everyone to sit. We had to sit outside. There was just appetizers and they ran out of plates. So the rest of us had to use tiny plastic plates. It was tacky and the food wasn't very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards