Second Weddings
Options

Planning wedding w/ Breast Cancer...

I was soooo excited Feb 14th 2011- I GOT THE RING :):)  It was the beginning of a new life , a new journey of excitement and finally love!!!!  Love that I had been longing for forever.   Divorced back in 2009 - a bad one...  I finally found the man of my dreams who saved my life.  During all this I lost 100lbs on WW and my life is GREAT!!!

So we are planning our wedding!!!   and everything is wonderful, life is wonderful, the future in-laws are estatic and I finally feel like "ALL IS WELL". 

I found my lump two days after my birthday in May... just to get that phone call on June 1st to hear those words I never in my life thought I would hear.. "You have breast cancer".. I was with my children when I got the call.. I was motionless.. as if the world was spinning but I was motionless.  This can't be.. I'm a healthy 37 year old woman who has worked so hard to make life better for herself.. physically, mentally and emotionally.. I feel great!   It can't be.. but it was.  I lost all focus of everything going on in my life.. in denial for a couple of days.. the news hit me like a ton of bricks!   

But the kindess, strength, courage, blessings and prayers poured down from the sky.. the uplift of friends, family and co-workers and most of all my husband to be was more powerful than the news you have cancer ever was!!! 

It has changed a lot in our wedding plans though..  we have moved our date to June 6th vs. May 19th because I want to make sure I have my hair back and to a length that I can work with. 

I just want to tell anyone else out there that may be facing this.. that nothing is more powerful than Your own strength.. you can get thru it.. you have to much to live for!    Not only did my fiance' save my life once.. he has stood by my side and held me tight and is saving my life again!!! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Planning wedding w/ Breast Cancer...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What an uplifting story.  You and he are to be commended for your positive outlook and strength of spirit and most importantly your commitment to each other.  Thanks for a wonderful post.  ~Donna
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Best wishes, OP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Best wishes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was truly inspirational! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the board. I wish you the best of ongoing health and look forward to hearing your wedding plans.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing your story, best of luck with your recovery and wedding planning... Please keep us posted! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank each of you for your thoughts and best wishes :)  I have 4 more treatments left of Chemo and my last treatment will be around Sept. 28th, then surgery, radiation and more surgery.  Hopefully looking around Dec. to be declared Cancer free.  :)  

We had our engagement pictures taken 2 weeks before I starting losing my hair.. I look at them just about everyday!   Remembering Me!   My Fiance' has been very supportive and even told me he didn't want me to wear a wig through this.. he wanted me to be myself and comfortable.  So I have sported caps and scarves.  He tells me I'm beautiful everyday... and holds my hand thru every treatment.

We were originally planning on having a small wedding at his Sister's lake house.. (Lake Anna in Va.) which is 1 hour or so away.... We didn't want a big wedding as this will be both our second marriage.. but since this we decided the best place to have our wedding was at our home where all our family and friends will be able to come that have been there for us through all this.  A Celebration of life and love... what more could you ask for!   

My fiance'  truly makes me believe what love should be... Unconditional!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Only 3 more chemo treatments to go!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Netta,

I sent you a message, not sure if you saw it.  I'm writing from a daytime talk show and would love to hear more about your story.  Please let me know if you didn't get the message and I will resend with my contact information.  Thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing this with me! You're such a positive person, working with the public all day I sometimes lose faith in people. Thanks for brightening my day yesterday! Best wishes for you and your finace, your health and a wonderful wedding day!

Michelle (from Verizon)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you.. everyone!   I have only 2 more Chemo treatments to go :) My last one falling on 9/29 :)   I have just recently spoke with my plastic surgeon and my choice to have both breast removed is written in stone... and My Fiance' is very supportive in that decision.  He actually was hoping that was the choice I made. 

As far as the wedding plans are going.. well they are still in a vision even though blurred at the moment.  Trying to get over one hirdle at a time.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards