Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Need advice about caterer

I only know of a couple places here in Midland MI that cater and the one I really wanted isnt available on my day. I work with a girl who does catering and she hasnt contacted me like she said she would sooo i think im gonna pass up that offer. 

Im thinking of doing something myself but Im not sure. Our reception will only be 3-4 hours long and I dont want that time to be spent sitting around eating. Im interested in something small but really nice and cant be too messy. Any adive?? Id greatly appreciate it!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need advice about caterer

• You might have better luck posting this on your local area (Lansing) board.

When you say "places here in Midland that cater".......are you talking about a banquet hall, or are you just having this in someone's home or at a park, and need someone to bring the food?

If there are any gourmet stores in the Lansing area, look into whether they cater. We used a gourmet store in Royal Oak that also does catering (Holiday Markets), and their prices are reasonable because they don't make their only profits on catering, but also on selling great gourmet foods to customers.

If I were you I'd really research the Knot vendor boards, or ask your local board Knotties before doing this myself, or expecting family or friends to do it. It's really not fair to them, plus you risk the issue of food poisoning if the food is not kept at the proper temperature.

Good luck.
  • My problem is that all the cateres around here are most expensive than i can really afford. Ill try and look into the gourmet food stores but I dont know any off hand. Time for some google lol thanks for your advice =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah I'd try your local board.

However, when FI's cousin got married, he got his aunt to cater (she is amazing). It was a very casual wedding (based on the venue) and it was during the day. She made shredded beef in sauc, rice and salad. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards