Ohio-Columbus
Options

DOC... worth it?

hey ladies! are any of you using/used a DOC?? what are your thoughts... I am really interested in hiring one and feel that it will be super helpful on the big day, does anyone have a DOC that they are really happy with any recs would be great!!

Re: DOC... worth it?

• Options
    osuchica85osuchica85 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think alot of people on here are using one...and I think most would recommend you have one or at least a friend do it. I am using one that comes included with my venue. Not sure if I would have got one originally if it had not come with one though. Now, the more I learn, the more I think I would have changed my mind on getting one though.

I actually haven't met mine. They are assigned 30 days before the wedding. I have an intermediate person right now. So I can't really give any recommendations since mine is venue specific but I am sure others might be able to give you some info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did not use one and everything went really well. Of course, I am a bit of a planner and a crazy one at that, so I was pretty sure I had everything under control. And our chef/venue coordinator was a great help as well in making sure things went how we wanted them to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used one she was amazing (sadly in WI though) it was nice not having to delegate she met me before the rehearsal so she knew what was where - and we rehearsed and I got up in the morning not needing to worry about anything or put out any friends or family.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls! im pretty much decided im going to have one... just havent decided who yet! I know that i have somewhat of a coordinator through the venue (The Lofts/Dock 580) but I think because of our wedding time/reception time etc I'll need extra help in set-up on the day of etc... 
  • Options
    amcollins32amcollins32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What all did you assign to your DOC? I was the DOC for a friend's wedding..but she did such a good job planning, I really only had to make sure the correct boutonniere's got pinned to the fathers and grandfathers..lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is what mine did this was from her email to me:

The Day of Coordination this is what is all included in my services.

Meet 6-8 weeks before wedding day to discuss needs and expectations.
    Follow up meeting two weeks in advance to discuss remaining concerns. We
    will also tie up loose ends and reconfirm with all vendors.

-Unlimited contact via phone and email
    -Create itinerary for the bridal party
    -Ensure the couple and all guests have everything they need to enjoy the day
    -Keep activities on schedule
    -Execute all wedding plans and details w/vendors in accordance with the
    couple's wishes
    -Meet vendors at ceremony and reception sites for deliveries and setup
    -Provide bridal party emergency kit
    -Ensure flowers and boutonnieres are distributed
    -Greet and seat any late arriving guests
    -Provide transportation of all personal and decorative items from ceremony
    to reception
    -Supervise and assist w/all preparations including setting up table
    centerpieces, decorations, favors, menus, place cards, candle lighting, etc
    (some setup are additional)
    -Distribution of final payments and /or gratuities to vendors, if applicable
    -Arrange for gift loading and other end of event details
    -Return items to florist, baker, etc after reception
    The Day of Coordination this is what is all included in my services.

imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right now I don't know if we will get one but closer to the wedding I might decide to do one. But we will see, the lady at our reception venue does a lot of party planning and she said she would help, so I don't know if I will get one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't use one because I felt we had great venue coordintaors and vendors for our church and reception venues who listened to our wants and knew what they were doing. Like Missy, I was a very hands on bride and was very involved in the planning process.I also enjoyed planning every detail. But if you question any of your venue coordinators or vendors, if you don't want to mess with all the details, if you get overwhelmed easily while planning, or if you're planning from out of town, I would suggest a DOC to help make sure the day goes smoothly for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards