Arizona-Phoenix

Wedding Cake Flavors? Does it really matter?

Hi there Knotties!

Our wedding is in November and our wedding colors are grey and yellow. I have found a cupcake place that makes delicious cupcakes for a great price. I was thinking a lemon cupcake based off of color only because it matches and a coconut cupcake topped with sweet shredded coconut and cream cheese frosting because I think the texture is pretty and it sounds delicious; although I haven't tried it.

I've seen lots of people posting about how their wedding is in fall and they are doing spice cake, carrot cake, or red velvet and yada yada. 

My question is... do you think it really matters that my flavors are more summery flavors?? Even though living in Phoenix the weather doesn't get very fall like until mid-late December?

Re: Wedding Cake Flavors? Does it really matter?

• Its your wedding, so I don't think it really matters.  What matters most is that it tastes good! :)
  • edited March 2012
    Not at all!! Do what you want! I'm getting married in June, my colors are red and black and we are getting married outside, none of that screams June but its what we want and no one has had any objections or said we should do it another way. Those cupcakes sound great! Where are they from?
  • Seriously, it doesn't matter at all.  I think they both sound DELICIOUS!!!
  • We had pink champagne and chocolate as our cake flavors. Our colors were blue and silver and we were married March 10th. None of that goes together at all, and we even used the dreaded chocolate flavor that is supposedly bad luck in a wedding cake. I didn't care!! Go for whatever you want :)
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • meg65meg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_wedding-cake-flavors-does-it-really-matter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:77bf8e19-03f5-4ee1-97e6-d470dc6d330dPost:a9438239-19ec-4d83-833d-0885dd44615f">Re: Wedding Cake Flavors? Does it really matter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not at all!! Do what you want! I'm <strong>getting married in June</strong>, my colors are red and black and <strong>we are getting married outside</strong>, none of that screams June but its what we want and no one has had any objections or said we should do it another way. Those cupcakes sound great! Where are they from?
    Posted by Nomew[/QUOTE]

<div>You are brave!</div><div>
    </div><div>OP, no one will look at you weird because of your cake. Also, now I want a cupcake.</div>
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance and I are doing cupcakes also. The place we are getting ours from has so many amazing flavors, we couldn't narrow the list down to less than 7 flavors. We are getting 12 dozen of each flavor. A lot of choices for our guests and a lot of personality in the decorations on the cupcakes. We are very much cupcake people, so the variety represents who we are. You should get whatever flavors you want and as many flavors as you want. As long as someone will eat them, you're good. And there are very few people who would say no to a delicious cupcake, no matter the flavor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, briana, you're having over 1,000 cupcakes? Did I read that right? In response to OP, no way. Do what you want. At my May wedding, my colors are copper, champagne, and chocolate. Wrong season, but I just didn't care.
  • Sadly no, I typed 1 to 2 dozen with a dash between the 1 and 2, but my phone did not seem to understand me. We are having 8 dozen cupcakes in 7 different flavors (1 dozen of 6 different flavors and 2 dozen red velvet), then we'll probably get other desserts for those who do not like cake. Crazy people.
  • I'm going to get them from The Cupcake Cafe. The shop owner Nicki is really sweet and open to trying new ideas if you have something fun in mind! :
  • I am getting cupcakes from Sugarlips Cakery in Mesa. The shop is about 2 miles from our house. It was the first thing we picked for the wedding, before we even had a date or an ering. The people are great and know us by name since we have been going there for a couple years to get weekly cupcakes and order cakes for special occasions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards