Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Wedding party photos

Opinions please
When we leave the church we are driving about 5-7 minutes away to another location to take more pictures (park with waterfalls).  The entire bridal party with the exception of the flower girl and ring bearer will be in the limo, they will not be in there due to the alchol.  The pictures are on the way to the reception hall as well as the hotel. Would it be ok to ask the parents to follow behind and come to take some pictures? 

Re: Wedding party photos

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure it would be ok but I wouldn't do that if I were you. First, how old are these kids? After sitting still through the ceremony you are really only going to get one or two pictures out of them before they are running wild/on the verge of tears/in need of a snack. Why don't you take the full wedding party pictures at the church, or at the reception during cocktail hour before you get announced, and then you and hubby can have some intimate photos taken at the park alone? Or you could do pictures with the bridal party at the park without the little kids. Just some thoughts...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had the two ring bearers ride in the limo with us, even though we were drinking champagne (we brought waters for them) and they loved it, and their parents did as well (they were 5 and 6). Since they were cousins of my husband and his siblings were all in the wedding party, it was easy enough for them to just keep an eye on them while hubby and I went off to take pics.
  • Options
    eBeast15eBeast15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The kids are 8 and 4.  My bridal party is definately a lot of drinkers, which is why I don't want them in the limo.  We want Bridal Party pictures at the waterfalls so I wanted to include them, I guess I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do....
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nix the kids.  It will annoy the parents to sit through this and to have to drive, even though its a few minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards