August 2012 Weddings

Signature Cocktail

I need help deciding on a signature cocktail...our colors are black, white,and lime green. We are having a Mexican food buffet. I am trying to think of a cocktail to tie into our color scheme, and my fiance thinks we need to have a tequila cocktail (I'm not a fan of tequila so I'm trying to get away from that...). I was also toying with the idea of infusing my own vodka...growing up I used to pick blackberries with my grandpa so I thought it might be fun to have blackberry vodka and something...that doesn't really go with our colors though...help!!!

Re: Signature Cocktail

• Do you not like all kinds of tequila or are you talking about the stuff we made margaritas with in college?

High end tequila is actually quite delicious and if you mix it with another type of liquor, Grand Mariner (hint, hint) and use fresh lime juice instead of one of those sugary mixes you can completely change the flavor profile.

Blackberry vodka sounds delicious too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just saw something on pinterest for a blueberry vodka lemonade. That would be so refreshing. You could also do it as a lblueberry limeade if you did want to include green.

Also, there is a great mexican place near me that does infused tequila. They do straberry rubarb, lime, cucumber, blueberry and raspberry. THey are all deliscious and I am NOT a huge tequila fan (after a bad night at a highlighter social in college drinking margaritas) but I have actually become more apt to try these because they are so great!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • I think Margaritas would be perfect for your colors and your theme, and you can use lime to garnish them.  I'm not a big fan of tequila either and don't love margaritas, but you can always have something else to drink instead or have a virgin margarita for toasting or photo ops. 

Orrrrr... one of my favorite drinks is bright green.  Midori Sour.  It's kind of sour apple tasting and very sweet.  Maybe you could do both. 

8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those are our colors too! We haven't been able to find anything that would look AND taste good. Let me know if you get any ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards