Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Would Do / Wouldn't Do

Hi ladies!! We just got back from our honeymoon today and it was absolutely incredible (we were in Barcelona)! I thought I'd start off with this post and follow up with G/B/U in the next day or so.

Would Do
* Destination Wedding! Definitely, definitely, definitely do a destination wedding. It was such an incredible experience to share with our family and friends and I love that it was a weekend rather than just a few hours. We really had a chance to mingle with our friends and family. 

* Boutique resort. I loved our resort (Coyaba Beach Resort)!! They were absolutely INCREDIBLE. I can't even put into words how appreciative I am of their staff and the amazing things that they did (aka drilling holes in the wood on the patio so the water from the rain during dinner would drain rather than soak everyone's feet. That's just one example! I loved that we were at a smaller resort because everywhere you went, you saw someone who was there for our wedding which was fun. 

* Wear a traditional dress. This was one of the things I was on the fence with, and I'm so happy I went with a traditional dress. It was pretty easy to transport too!

* Day after excursion. We did an excursion with everyone  who was interested the day after that we paid for, and even if you don't pay for your guests, so much fun and a great idea! We did Dunn's River Falls and it was absolutely incredible. Everyone said it topped off the weekend.

* Not kick out the wedding crashers... :) We had some wedding crashers which I thought was really fun and unique -- haha. It was a couple and someone's dad (older gentleman) from England and they showed up for the last hour. It was actually really funny (and the resort noticed them right away and doublechecked to make sure they could stay) -- and a memory we'll have forever.

* Keep native elements. We really wanted people to feel like they were at a wedding in Jamaica so it was great that the resort and its staff were able to integrate so many native elements -- particuarly the dinner food, which was amazing!!

Wouldn't Do
Honestly, there is nothing I wouldn't do. The day was absolutely incredible and we couldn't ask for a better location for our wedding. DH and I have thought about this several times and there really is nothing we wouldn't do! :)
~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Would Do / Wouldn't Do

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards