Illinois-Chicago

Reasonably Priced Boudoir Photographer?

Hey ladies!

I REALLY want to have some Boudoir shots taken as a wedding gift for my hubby to be, but I am running into a quandary.  EVERYONE wants $300+ for the actual prints.  I have friends who are photogs, but none are available (one was, but had a family emergency).  Did anyone use a REASONABLY priced photographer? 

My fiance is a pilot and away from home a lot, so I want to give him something he can take with him when he's working and out of town, but I simply can't afford $500.  C'mon. I make $12 an hour.

Help me out if you know of anyone! Thank you!
Wedding date: September 10, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reasonably Priced Boudoir Photographer?

• edited December 2011
    I did mine with Kathleen Thame. She is so, so reasonable! 
  • barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katie Claire does them and did mine...they were just over $100 and she came to me.

It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Kathleen Thame.  If you don't catch one of her marathon sessions in a hotel, she's actually cheaper to have come to your home.  She'll even bring hair and makeup team if you want (for extra charge though).

ETA: here's from an email with her about doing in home-session:
    If you had your own hair/makeup done, the rate would be $150. With places like MAC/Sephora that do your makeup for free with like a $50 purchase, I feel like you get more for your money, but that's entirely up to you. If you wanted the in-home stuff, it would be $250 because it costs me $100 to have them come.
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto for Kathleen! She has upcoming boudior sessions--check her out:
    kathleenthame.com/blog!
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup!!! I LOOOOVE Kate Thame! She's great. I recently had mine done with her during a marathon session which included hair and makeup!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards