Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

too much?

last night my fi and i had a meeting with bella photographers...the top package with the videographer came to 5200 ... it includes SO much even a FREE engagement session....we also got 20% off the package... we dont know what to do!!! take it or not!?!?!? any suggestions? anyone know of a place that would be cheaper if so?

Re: too much?

• Options
    anastasia80anastasia80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, so expensive, but then if you have the budget why not.If you want a way cheaper photographer with no videographer, try looking into Ferry Huang Photography:http://www.ferryhuangphotography.comHe's got good pictures, good angles and all, but inexpensive, even with traveling to your place for your wedding.Good luck!
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    expensive is relative -- it should be about 10% of your total budget.  is it?  if not, then keep looking.  bella gets horrible reviews, so whether you get "SO much" or not, and engagement pics are not that unusual to come with, and that "20%" i'm sure is just what they tell everyone.. anyway, i'd keep looking since it sounds like it's out of your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure that you can find a better company to spend your money with than Bella!  And probably for cheaper, too!  They get such terrible reviews around here (scroll down to see).  Good luck with your decision, but I would keep looking if I were you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $5200 is a lot. For 1200 I have unlimited time and could get an e-pic session for $400. $1600 is much cheaper than $5200.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Prices vary according to region, so it's hard to tell if that's expensive or not. But I would rather go with a local company than Bella...some scary reviews out there about this company.
  • Options
    rlyttlerlyttle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used D&D photography out of Springboro, OH. They are AWESOME!! My total package was $4000. That include our engagement pictures, wedding day, all the digital prints, coffee table style album, and print credits our pictures. They did an AMAZING job!!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lavalorelavalore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be careful with Bella. They are an Umbrella company and hire random photographers all over the country, including students. They came to my College last year to recruit students to be photographers for their company, and they didn't even require you to know anything about photography! The biggest red flag should be that you don't get to meet your photographer (or even know who it is) until the month before your wedding. And if you don't like their work? It's too late to do anything about it.

Just make sure you explore all your options before settling with Bella.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards