Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Which company do you recommend for electric?

We are moving to Ft. Worth this weekend to a rental house, and we have 2 options for electric.  Which would you recommend? 

TXU Energy or Reliant Energy                                                                  

Thanks!!

Re: Which company do you recommend for electric?

• edited December 2011
    You can check rates here:

http://powertochoose.org/_content/_compare/index.asp

Reliant has been cheaper for me than TXU. I'm currently with Simple Power - an utter no name - but I have not had any issues at all and they were one of the cheapest when we switched last year :) Make sure you get a fixed plan though and you either choose the right amount of time on contract or do a non-contract.
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stream Energy. The rates are usually the lowest and they have a green plan, month to month, 6 month, 1 year, and 2 year contracts. We have not had any issues with them either and it's easy to get them on the phone. They are based in Dallas.
  • edited December 2011
    Those are the only 2 choices they gave us. :(
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and if you can get electric from TXU, you can get it from Stream. They use "their" power lines.
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use Reliant. The few times I tried TXU over the years they were to expensive. The last time I tried to sign up they scheduled my switch date and then no one ever showed up. A month later I was thinking I was on TXU and then i got a Reliant bill. TXU never switched me over or called to tell me, they said my work order was misplaced!!! Reliant didnt know so they just put me on a month to month plan. I called Reliant that same day and renewed my account with them!

I should just know better! I have never had a problem with Reliant so I wont be trying to change anymore Im sticking with them.

HTH!
  • TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use TXU.  Never had a problem with them however I own a townhome so the bills aren't as high as having a house.  At least for me they aren't.     
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check out the powertochoose Web site. Between the two, I have found Reliant cheaper. Just be careful if you sign up for a plan term because you need to renew it or change it as it comes near ending, or you will end up in a ridiculously high rate when it expires.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards