African American Weddings
Options

Non-Traditional Save the Date

I was thinking about having a non-traditional save the date. This is my first attempt at a DIY. I did it on VistaPrint, I could also add a picture of us on the "backside". What do you Ladies think? Fun?

Inspiration Photo:

Re: Non-Traditional Save the Date

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea and concept. And I agree with the pic in the blank space because it's a little bland, as is. IMHO
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_non-traditional-save-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a43c932e-56df-4346-94f9-4f91655859bdPost:dff93a31-5598-4a7b-869f-587a026a48ce">Re: Non-Traditional Save the Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the idea and concept. And I agree with the pic in the blank space because it's a little bland, as is. IMHO
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your honesty...so you think I should add some background color or designs or something like that?
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Either a picture or arrange it where there isn't so much emptiness on the right side and the bottom. Will this be a post card or what?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think if you do the background using a picture of you and your FI, then you won't need much designs at all.  That way, your readers won't be distracted by too many designs and things going on in the STD.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_non-traditional-save-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a43c932e-56df-4346-94f9-4f91655859bdPost:e11069b4-01b8-4bf9-8b31-8e140f159890">Re: Non-Traditional Save the Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]Either a picture or arrange it where there isn't so much emptiness on the right side and the bottom. Will this be a post card or what?
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

Gotcha! It will be a postcard
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_non-traditional-save-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a43c932e-56df-4346-94f9-4f91655859bdPost:fa72c65e-f79d-4d2f-a979-0b4456ada879">Re: Non-Traditional Save the Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think if you do the background using a picture of you and your FI, then you won't need much designs at all.  That way, your readers won't be distracted by too many designs and things going on in the STD.
    Posted by mayjaygirl21[/QUOTE]

I really wanted the caveman/cavewoman concept to stick out...I am going to definitely play around with it some more, I have pleenttty of time..lol.... Thanks !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Philly... I kinda agree with other posters... its a little bland...you might wanna kinda pick it up a little bit... I would maybe also change the header to say.....

Love Under New Management
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_non-traditional-save-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a43c932e-56df-4346-94f9-4f91655859bdPost:91db43d9-f6aa-4852-849c-d5e947846ec7">Re: Non-Traditional Save the Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Philly... I kinda agree with other posters... its a little bland...you might wanna kinda pick it up a little bit... I would maybe also change the header to say..... Love Under New Management
    Posted by MAGNUM 06[/QUOTE]

That's so funny you put "Love Under New Management" because I was humming the song while I was designing the STD...lol...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kudos to Miki Howard......Yeah!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards