New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Honor's Haven Resort...?

I am wondering if anyone has had (or been to) a wedding at Honor's Haven Resort and Spa in the Catskills... I believe it is Ellenville, NY.  It certainly looks beautiful from the website, and seems like they have a lot of ammenities, with reasonable room rates and per-person rates for weddings (as I see from their 2010 brochure).

But I am wondering about the open bar option.  It notes on their brocure that it is an extra $40 person to have an open bar for the whole reception after the cocktail hour!  That seems excessive.

Do you know for this venue, or how it works in general, if you are allowed to bring in outside liquor for your guests to be served by the venue?  I would be thinking bottled beer and bottles of wine for the tables.  This would be way cheaper than $40 a person and I wouldn't have to worry about my guests having to shell out cash for their drinks.

Any insights on this place?  Or in BYOB in general for venues?  I would make an appointment to ask these questions with a coordinator, but I live somewhat far away from there and I'm not quiiiite in the real planning stages yet.  Thanks!

Re: Honor's Haven Resort...?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've read reviews online and many of them noted that the place was a little run down. Its an old resort from the heydey of the Catskills, so I'm inclined to think that these reviews are correct.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live 10 minutes from Honors Haven, It is old, they have done some renovations but not the entire place. We have already had one resort close recently locally and people had no place to have their event because of short notice. I would kind of worry about that with this place because its not so busy if you know what i mean.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eesh, that's good to know, thanks!  Guess I won't be inquiring any further :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live 10min down the road and have actually been to the resort.  Yes, the Nevele, which is NEXT DOOR, to Honors Haven has closed down. However, I've been in Honors Haven and they have done AMAZING renovations on it.  I looked there for my wedding as well, I just didn't have anyone getting back to me. So I gave up.

My reception is at the Mountainview Manor at Ardmore Mansion.  Check out their website, might me something you're interested in.  It's in Glen Spey, so I'm not sure how far you want to go, but I can't wait, LESS THAN 70 days!
    ~a~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards