Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Wedding Day Transportation - Ideas?

This is making me crazy - I can't figure out the best thing to do!

We're having our ceremony at Unity Village near Lee's Summit, and the reception follows at The Villa (at 42nd and Baltimore, by the Plaza).  I'm having an awful time with the logistics of getting the wedding party from one place to another.  I feel like it's polite to offer transportation for them (and for us) from one location to the other, but we can't afford to spend very much on this at all. I also don't want to end up with a situation where we have a way to get from the ceremony to the Plaza, but everyone's cars are still in Lee's Summit (the hotel we've got rooms booked at is on the Plaza).   Does anyone have any ideas? 

TIA!!

Re: Wedding Day Transportation - Ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is in KC North and our reception and hotel is downtown and have not been able to figure this out either! I might have the boys meet and get ready at the hotel and have the vehicle (party bus, etc.) pick them up to take them to the ceremony. I will probably have my mom and future MIL take care of getting us girls to the church, because they will drive their own vehicles to the reception, rather than ride with the WP.

If you are concerned about cost though...I've been in several weddings that did not provide transportation for the wedding party and it worked out just fine. I don't think anyone really expects it, so no worries! :)
  • Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few suggestions:

1) Have everyone drop their cars off at the hotel the night before/morning of and then all car pool back to where the day begins.

2) Have BP significant others/dates/etc be their transportation for the night and/or bring their vehicle from the church to the hotel or reception.

3) Hire DOT. We are using Horizon Limo for our DOT and I know they were fairly flexible and willing to work out a deal with us. How many people who you be transporting? I would get a few price quotes and see if you can't find a good deal on transportation for the day if that's something that interests you.

4) (just thought of this one): if you have family and/or friends who aren't actually the BP, they could rent one (or 2) of those large passenger vans (I think they go up to 16?) and be your transportation for the day. You could probably rent a large vehicle for the whole day for less than you would get a limo. That's something to consider, depending on how tight the transportation budget is.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you know anyone who owns a rv and would be willing to chauffeur from the ceremony to the reception?  Often nicer than a party bus, rv's can be a viable option.  

Julie Blanner, Coordinately Yours
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards